IGNORED

Just bought a 7800

Vintagebreed

So i just bought myself a Lynx and a 7800 for Christmas.I was wondering since i havent played the 7800 since i was a kid literally what are some good games?Are ther homebrew titles that are action or RPG based ?I kinda want to show of my 7800 compared to my brothers nintendo so graphicly what are some good games with plots and graphics i remember there being a game called crossbow that i loved as a kid im looking toward games such as that thx guys in advance.

Well the thing with the 7800 is the number of games are very low and so you can just browse them all here:

http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html?SystemID=7800

and crossbow is here: http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=681

Personally I think the 7800 was designed to put more sprites on the screen at the same time (like Robotron) and the NES was designed to easily put a blocky back ground and so the NES will be more able to do RPG’s and the NES was far more popular making it worth a company’s time to develop such a game sorry.

The best games? Maybe Midnight Mutants for more of a RPG. Scappyard Dog is like Super Mario. Tower Toppler for action. (I hope you know you can download the ROM’s and play emulated on your computer before you buy them.)

Robotron is the shizz-nit! Also, I would suggest purchasing all of the home-brews in the AtariAge store made by PacManPlus (PacMan Collection, Crazy Brix, Super Circus Atari, Failsafe, Meteor Shower, etc.). All of his games are top-notch!

• Like 2

Well i just went and took a look at the homebrew games available on this site and i must say there very nice i cant wait to own them Failsafe and Dungeons are going to be my first two.Almost forgot to ask isnt the 7800 backwards compatible with 2600 another words if i bought some 2600 homebrew would it run on my 7800 becouse i must say they have done some nice work on those 2600 homebrew games specially duck attack and epic adventure 0.o cant wait to nab them up ^^.

Edited by Vintagebreed

7800 is compatible with 2600 but not 100% compatible.

Colors aren't exactly displayed.

Early 7800 models won't play 4 or 5 games only.Does your system have the expansive port, easy way to know it's an early model.

New models don't play star path games, those 4 or 5 games and a few more.

New models don't play star path games, those 4 or 5 games and a few more.

I have a newer model and it plays EVERYTHING, including Starpath games. It's really a hit-and-miss situation, honestly. You're either lucky or not.

To the OP -- DEFINITELY get the homebrews -- even the ones not done by Pac-Man Plus are fantastic (e.g., Bonq and Beef Drop), and Food Fight is 100% essential!

Ya im going to get them i looked over everyone.Some of them just were jaw dropping to see the type of colors and graphics the 2600 pulled of.I cant wait to get Failsafe that game sounds fun as hell as far as telling wether or not of i have the newer model 7800 i havent recieved it in the mail yet still waiting inpatiently.Think i got 15 games with it eager to see wich titles are with it.Also that one Boxing game listed in the hombrew section cant remember the name atm but that one looked nice i was amazed with what they did with that one.