IGNORED

130XE Reverse Option Key for Basic

Diskwiz

On 12/28/2012 at 11:55 PM, Diskwiz said:

No problem! Here it is.

Oh also...it has the mod where if you hold the left shift button while hitting reset, it cold boots. Highspeed SIO patch V1.30 by Matthias Reichl.

Could I ask at what offset the Left Shift coldstart routine resides? I would like to add it to my "Lite Touch" OS. Then it would be perfect to use with real drives. 😀

I have a candidate for the XL/XE operating system "Lite Touch" version 2.0. This is a standard XL operating system with 2 important differences. The Option key is reversed so the computer defaults to basic off. Also it is patched with a Left-Shift and RESET coldstart feature. It seems to work fine on a real 130XE and Altirra. If anyone else could test that would be great. The LS-RESET code is Copyright (c) 2006 Matthias Reichl <hias@horus.com>, and can be found in the "Highspeed SIO patch V1.20 for Atari XL/XE OS and MyIDE OS" release. 

XL_LT2_Option Rev_LS_Coldstart.ROM

some of these OS patches people do break the normal ability for software to control cartridges and internal basic and other rom packs. When making such changes always make sure that the setting is affected but not the programming mechanism/routine itself. That code should still function as normal, just the flags/control for boot should be changed. Don't reverse the logic.

17 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

some of these OS patches people do break the normal ability for software to control cartridges and internal basic and other rom packs. When making such changes always make sure that the setting is affected but not the programming mechanism/routine itself. That code should still function as normal, just the flags/control for boot should be changed. Don't reverse the logic.

Agreed Doctor. I would not recommend burning ANY of the files in this thread to a real EPROM and soldering it into your Atari. Only use them if you have a device that can select an O.S. at will such as U1MB or SYSCHECK etc... 

19 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

One of my early goals, when compiling a new Atari OS (https://forums.atariage.com/topic/347696-compiling-a-new-atari-os/#comment-5205268), was to reverse the option key function.  Unfortunately, I discovered this created some incompatibilities.  So, I decided not to reverse the option key.

• Like 1