IGNORED

atari 400 incognito like upgrade

candle

I hate to play dumb.... I came in late and didn't get in on the 800 but love the 400 and have a closet full of them with modified keyboards and memory. So what is an "Incognito Upgrade"?

I'm interested in one if it will improve my 400's.....

I hate to play dumb.... I came in late and didn't get in on the 800 but love the 400 and have a closet full of them with modified keyboards and memory. So what is an "Incognito Upgrade"?

I'm interested in one if it will improve my 400's.....

Best thing is to do a search in the forum and YouTube.

Basically the incognito board was designed for the Atari 800, it adds xl/xe comparability, 1meg ram upgrade, real time clock, cf card storage like the SIDE cart and more. All selectable by an on screen menu. Also check out threads on ultimate 1meg ram upgrade and side cart/side cart 2

Candle is now re-designing the board to fit the humble 400

If you want to sell a 400 for shipping to the UK I'm looking for one. :)

this is an issue

immediate answer is to use break-off board with ribbon cable you can place anywhere you want outside the shielding, but this might bring other issues to the play

time will tell, but certainly some measures must be taken for

disassembling whole damn unit just to remove or insert CF card is simply ridicious

and have apple lawyers over my head?

Can they take you to court for using the letter I? BBC get away with it for their iplayer and that Asian country get away with the storage device known as iRAQ

this is an issue

immediate answer is to use break-off board with ribbon cable you can place anywhere you want outside the shielding, but this might bring other issues to the play

time will tell, but certainly some measures must be taken for

disassembling whole damn unit just to remove or insert CF card is simply ridicious

I know I've asked in another thread and I think that FJC tested a couple out without success but has anyone been able to use a CF to SD reader in the 800 version? The reason I am bringing this up again is that there are several wireless SD memory cards that you can just connect to and transfer files to and from the card. Then we would never need to remove the CF/SD combo to swap files.

• 1 month later...