IGNORED

What are you using to protect your 7800 big boxes?

chrisballer

I need to find a solution. I was lurking to see if I could steal a good idea. Which ones are the "big box" games? Most of the boxes are the same dimensions as the 2600 counterparts yes? Isn't there a website that sells sleeves for retro gaming boxes? What system had boxes bigger than the larger boxed 7800 games? Vectrex? Coleco?

I need to find a solution. I was lurking to see if I could steal a good idea. Which ones are the "big box" games? Most of the boxes are the same dimensions as the 2600 counterparts yes? Isn't there a website that sells sleeves for retro gaming boxes? What system had boxes bigger than the larger boxed 7800 games? Vectrex? Coleco?

Yes, most of the games are, but there are 5 of them that are a bit larger.

Tomcat

F-18 Hornet

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Pete Rose Baseball

Super Skateboardin'

The only places that I know of that sell protective boxes and sleeves for games do not have any that big. I just figured in the 7800 forum someone might have a link or know of a good solution for these games. It never hurts to ask. I will post in here if I find a solution.

Why in the f#@k did Tremiels Atari company use huge boxes for teeny weeny lil cartridges? It was like wrapping christmas presents for children in giant boxes so they think they are getting a train set or somthing, but when they open it there's only a matchbox car or tinker toys inside. It was a waste of money on cardboard paper and natural resources which seems kind of strange coming from Mr. Tremiel who was all about cost cutting and saving money. Does this make any sense or am I just having paranoid thoughts?

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Why in the f#@k did Tremiels Atari company use huge boxes for teeny weeny lil cartridges? It was like wrapping christmas presents for children in giant boxes so they think they are getting a train set or somthing, but when they open it there's only a matchbox car or tinker toys inside. It was a waste of money on cardboard paper and natural resources which seems kind of strange coming from Mr. Tremiel who was all about cost cutting and saving money. Does this make any sense or am I just having paranoid thoughts?

The "big" boxes were made by a third party...not Atari. As for the standard Atari game box size, I would guess that there were several reasons...much like today's cases:

• protection during shipping to stores
  • visible on shelves for retail impact
  • room to put a couple photos and basic description of the game
  • interior space for manual, warranty card, comic book, etc...

As for the oversized third party boxes, it seems like it may have been a marketing gimmick to make them stand out more prominently when placed next to standard boxes...I guess it is all about that old logic: "bigger is better".

I think Ianoid sells large box protectors

https://sites.google...dboxes/examples

http://www.atariage....box-protectors/

Yeah he does, but they don't fit the 7800 games unfortunately. Thank you though.

Clearbags.com bags and clear boxes for protecting just about anything

Thank you, I will check them out.