IGNORED

Diasassembly Progress

Blue Azure

I know not everyone likes/understands what I'm doing with this. But we are so LUCKY to have these source lists at our disposal for learning/training purposes. For it was a place far far away, now 30 years ago at 215 First Street in Cambridge, Mass, the GCC boyz had the first 7800 screens up and starting to organize the original set of games. It must have been exciting, to say the least. The next year, the 7800 symbolized what the year 1984 would have been or should have been. Now we have the chance to re-visit this code, and live what 2014 could be...

I have compiled a list of games I plan to disassemble, although I always show more than I plan to do, to see what comes of it. I will probably only do the first 10 and Ballblazer if I can find it.

PART #----7800 TITLE-----------------------CHKSUM---SOURCE LIST-----------DISASSY

CX7801----CENTIPEDE (16K)-----------------2679---------ON FILE-------------COMPLETE

CX7802----ASTEROIDS 3D (16K)------------E5DC----NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7803----DIG DUG (16K)--------------------C20E---------ON FILE-------------CANCELED

-------------DIG DUG RECON 2013 (16K)----BFCD---------ON FILE--------------PENDING

CX7804----FOOD FIGHT (32K)----------------F182---------ON FILE--------------PENDING

CX7805----GALAGA (32K)---------------------B471---------ON FILE-------------COMPLETE

CX7806----JOUST (32K)-----------------------8283----------ON FILE-------------PENDING

CX7807----MS. PAC-MAN (16K)---------------5C31---------ON FILE------------IN PROGRESS

CX7808----POLE POSITION 2 (32K)----------722B----NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7809----ROBOTRON (32K)-----------------BFDC---------ON FILE------------SUSPENDED, need mucho time for this, which I don't have right now.

CX7810----XEVIOUS (32K)--------------------COFD--------ON FILE---------------PENDING

CX7811----DESERT FALCON (48K)

----------------SPHINX

----------------NILE FLYER

CX7812----MILLIPEDE (32K)----------------------------NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7813----JR. PAC-MAN (32K) SP------------D6E6----BOB's VERSION ON FILE----NO PLANS TO DO THIS ONE.

CX7814----TRACK & FIELD

CX7815----BALLBLAZER (48K)-------------------------NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7816----RESCUE ON FRACTALUS-------------------NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7817----CRYSTAL CASTLES-------------------------NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7818----MOON PATROL------------------------------NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7819----STARGATE-----------------------------------NOT AVAILABLE?

CX7820 <unassigned>

QUESTIONS/COMMENTARY:

1) Does anyone have the ASTEROIDS.asm assembly code list? This is the original "3D" version with the tumbling boulders. I thought I had it but I don't.

2) On SPHINX-NILE FLYER-DESERT FALCON: Has anyone attempted to look at the source files and assembled anything that works?

3) Anyone done any disassembly work on XEVIOUS? This was a late bloomer and I suspect the source we have is old & incomplete. But time will tell, of course.

4) If anyone has anything on MILLIPEDE or CRYSTAL CASTLES - gimme gimme gimme. These titles were the hottest in 1984 and I'm sure there was something brewing at GCC back then. TRACK & FIELD is in that category as well.

5) As I said above, I'd do BALLBLAZER, especially the 48K POKEY one, if we could find BALLBLAZER.asm.

I can answer on Millipede and Crystal Castles While Millipede was on Atari's 7800 master part listing, there never a prototype found.

A 7800 Crystal Castles box was found, but not the game. There had been rumors about a Track & field prototype years ago on Atariage, but it never happened.

I can tell you that Rescue on Fractalus prototype was found, but it was only around 50 percent done. Moon Patrol and Stargate were never released for the 7800 and no prototype was found for either game.

All that means is the only way to have a 7800 version of Millipede, Crystal Castles, Moon Patrol, Stargate and Track & field at this moment is by having a homebrew author develop them like Bob did Jr. Pac-man.

Edited by 8th lutz