IGNORED

How big is your 5200 collection?

sqoon

I have two, 2-port 5200s. One is in mint condition, with box and all packing materials.

I have two BEST gold controllers, a Wico 5200 joystick with y cable, two mint condition trak-balls complete with boxes and packing materials, and a few broken or semi-broken standard 5200 controllers.

I have 39 CIB games and 1 unboxed game (Adventure II).

I also have the 5200 Diagnostic Cart and the controller port jumpers.

Finally, I have the 2600 adapter CIB.

I have no desire to have every game ever made for this console (I have a pretty big A8 collection, so there's not much incentive to get every 5200 game), but I do enjoy the 5200 very much.

Complete set (loose and boxed mixed, no I don't have CIB BBSB LOL) with 2-port and 4-port. ;)

Funny thing is I used to be a 5200 "hater"! Once I actually opened my mind and started playing the console with less pre-conceived notions, I found that it's actually a fun little quirky system with a great game library. :)

• Like 1

1 x Atari 5200 2-port console

approximately 35 individual cartridges. These are a mix of official Atari releases and AtariAge carts. The only ones I have boxes for are Tempest, Adventure II, and Football. Highlights of my game collection? I don't have anything rare. However, I'm fairly proud of my Blaster cart I won from a contest here a long time ago.

4 x CX-52 controllers. Two of these are gold refits from Best Electronics.

2 x Trak-Ball controllers. One has an iffy fire button on the left side. It has to be pressed just right to work.

1 x AtariMax 128 in 1 flash cart. I adore this thing.

1 x Videogame Wiz flash cart. One of the earliest flash carts for the 5200. The last time I used it was when I played Preppie in the 5200 High Score Competition.

1 x Dual Controller Holder for Robotron and Space Dungeon.

1 x Redemption 2600 to 5200 controller adapter. I wish I had bought a second one of these, because they're damn handy for a few games.

That's about it. There's nothing particularly fancy.

What have I had a problem getting hold of? I was chasing a Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle cart many years ago and never did manage to snag one. Every once in a while I chase that Wico keypad thing, but no luck yet.

• Like 2

I have 1 4 port and 13 games think. 3 controllers. 1 broken and 2 good shape but 1 start pause and reset does not work. And fire maybe also I'm nnot sure. And 1 wico no keypad. Ad 1 adapter masterplay clone from low_budget so I can use atari 2600 controllers and nes controllers on my 5200. Oh, And 1 trackball kinda works.

Sadly, I only have left 1 2-port system which works well but is a bit homely. The front plastic is coming off, scratches etc. If I ever saw a 5200 in really beautiful shape, I'd probably pick it up. But the ones in the wild I see are usually ugly 4-ports with no power block!

I never counted all my carts - probably 30-40 of them.

I have Videogame Wiz maxicart, which was created by AA's Old Guru before the bigger RAM carts were being sold. It holds 1 game at a time which I use for games I don't own.

I own 4 controllers. They've all been rebuilt (flex pad) but their joystick calibrations need fine-tuned now & then, at least on my 5200. Their buttons don't have the foil trick so I need to pencil-erase-clean them from time to time. Someday, I say, I'll foil them up, but haven't been in the mood yet. Normally they work acceptably.

Also own the Masterplay which I use with Sega Genesis 6-button pads, which works pretty well for most games. I must use the orig controllers for Missile Command, Star Raiders, and now Tempest, and some others.

I have a 4-port and the original 2-port system I've had since the 80's. I own about 7-8 controllers, trac-ball and about 55 games. I find the hardest pieces to get the 2600 adapter, and various rarer but crappy titles like 007. I titles I have not seen in the wild are moon patrol and Popeye. We had a game shop open up in my area this past year. The owner who sells newer stuff let me go through his dusty boxes. I picked up my trac ball, pitfall 2, robotron, through him. It was cool to dig but I would like a copy of bob to just have been laying there.

'bout 45 pounds. ;-)

4 port modified to use 2600 adapter, 2600 adapter, trak-ball, joystick coupler, wico sticks, Adventure II, Castle Crisis. I have all of the original carts except Meteorites and BBSB, though I have EEPROM carts of Meteorites, Millipede, and a couple others.

I used to have lots of boxed hardware, carts, and a couple of prototypes (nothing undiscovered), but I passed them on.

What's this stuff going for these days? Honestly, it's been in a foot locker for the last 2-3 years. I bought an upright Tempest (couldn't wait for 5200 Tempest) and that led to getting into collecting more upright Atari vectors.

• Like 1

My 5200 colletion grew pretty much over night, I got 35 games (loose) in one lot via local trade, I did not have any systems to play these on then out of the blue I got 3 of them BAM! two 4 ports and one 2 port (not working). I now have over 40 games including Montezuma's Revenge, H.E.R.O. and Star Wars Arcade.

I would love to be able to play these games instead of just demo'ing them as ALL 6 of my controllers are messed up in one form or another. I really want to dive into MZR and Pitfall II!

After I got the multicart (awesome), I decided to sell my CIB games because of space issues. Hardware and accessories are a different story. I've bought and sold a half dozen or more consoles. Here's what I kept:

1 two-port 5200

1 four-port 5200 (this is the asterisk version)

2 trackball controllers

1 controller coupler

1 CIB Masterplay

2 Competition Pro joysticks

1 Wico joystick

1 Wico keypad

1 official 5200 carrying case

1 5200 kiosk cart shell (blank label)

and about a dozen controllers in various states of repair!

• Like 1

2 4-port consoles, both boxed

1 2-port console, boxed

6 or 7 joysticks

1 5200 Trakball

1 Joystick Coupler

2 Wico joysticks w/ Y-splitters (no keypads)

1 Competition Pro joystick

I have all released titles (loose) except about 15, at last count. I know I'm missing Fractalus, all but 3 of the Activision games, K-Razy Shoot-Out, Meteoroids, Bounty Bob, and some others I'm forgetting. But I do have Koffi, Christmas Cart, and Adventure II (formerly CIB until the wife lost the skeleton key...).

So except for those 15-odd missing games and the Wico keypads, I've got just about everything, I think, unless you start getting into boxes and stuff like the Starcon controller.