IGNORED

Karateka Source Code? (fixing the old bird)

DracIsBack

I totally agree I have played Choplifter on both the 7800 and SMS. Lets just say the SMS version is a million times better.

But it is also a million times different. This is like saying you think Joust 7800 is a million times better than NES Balloon Fight. Those games are similar, yeah, but they aren't the same game. 7800 Choplifter is not a rushed version of Choplifter (like Karateka is to other versions), it is similar to most other versions, and is very good. SMS Choplifter is a reimagined version of Choplifter that is better than pretty much any other version, ever.

I have to agree on Choplifter. I like it..

I only ever played the Vic-20 version before this(back in the day), which I liked...

I read/saw reviews which didn't like it, and I was like, "Oh, that's too bad."

Then, when I finally played it, I thought "this is pretty good."

I still enjoy it.

(And the Vic-20 version too..)

desiv

Edited by desiv

I know, right? This guy usually ranks them in order of what he thinks is worst to best.. graphically it stands up against the rest... for me it's just the gameplay.. kind of bleh overall..

Graphically it looks alright, but the tanks are way too long. It also plays like crap.

No it doesn't. It plays like Choplifter. Exactly like Choplifter. If you don`t like Choplifter, well, that`s another thing I guess.

No it plays like a crappy Choplifter. I grew up playing the Apple II version (in green monochrome no less) and then the Atari 8-bit version (the Broderbund version). Those play like Choplifter should. The Atari 7800 version is just... wrong. It feels off every time I've tried it.

Just a matter of opinion I guess.