IGNORED

Real or fake?

Atari_Bill

Seems like there's been a ton of these on Ebay lately. Anyone know if this is real or fake?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3210627793381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321062779338&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm suspicious seeing as this seller has already sold 2 other copies in various lots. This seller has also sold 2 copies of X-Man that looks very faked (but never mentioned as such in listing). In the last few days yet another seller has sold multiple copies of this. Are we seeing a lot of faked copies or is this rarity down to about a 4 now?

Seems like there's been a ton of these on Ebay lately. Anyone know if this is real or fake?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3210627793381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321062779338&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm suspicious seeing as this seller has already sold 2 other copies in various lots. This seller has also sold 2 copies of X-Man that looks very faked (but never mentioned as such in listing). In the last few days yet another seller has sold multiple copies of this. Are we seeing a lot of faked copies or is this rarity down to about a 4 now?

I'm suprised the seller got pos feed back for these two crap lot auctions with fakes thrown in for over 600.00 combined

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3210471651011?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321047165101&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3210405368351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321040536835&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I love how the seller's eBay profile picture is of a Nissan Skyline GTR....I guess being that dishonest is one way to buy $100k toys. Or, perhaps he is just selling bootleg items to save up for that machine. Either way, I am also very surprised at the 100% positive feedback rating.

Isn't that just as illegal? Why does the price matter? A reproduction is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

I think $50 is too much for a loose reproduction 2600 cartridge. All I did was offer to make them for half that price. If people can sell them on eBay for $50 a pop, more power to them. I really don't care what people pay as long as the games are clearly described for what they are. Unfortunately, many eBay sellers are not describing these cartridges as reproductions, so at least some people are buying them thinking they are getting an original copy of the game. Not only that, some sellers are being further disingenuous by including one of these carts with a bunch of common 2600 carts to further make it look like an original game.

..Al

I am very aware of the seller crazybaugh and also think he should not sell games unless he clearly states they are reproductions. I also know that if you use any of the below words in ANY video game auction on ebay, it will be removed very quickly:

Reproduction

Not the Original Release

Not Original

Re-release

Reproduced

Reprinted

Prototype

So, he should just not sell repro games period if the labels are not VERY different. Problem here is that the seller can't describe the game acurately because the auction will get pulled.

I personally feel any "reproduction" Atari game that was ever sold should have a VERY different label as to not confuse it with an original release. Also, crazybaugh is clearly a theif and should not be trusted.

Totally agree that any reproduction should state on it somewhere that it is one. Also, auction will get pulled if it's called a reproduction in the TITLE, but I've seen NUMEROUS cases where the seller stated in the TEXT what it was and it's closed and sold just fine. If the buyer doesn't read the text at that point, well, that's their fault.