IGNORED

Ok, who is hoarding all the CC2's?

Rev

prob for 1/3 of the price and 10x better so nah nah..

Based on the initial possible price and the price of the CC2 when sold by Chad, its looking to be at least half the price.

As for 10x better..

Chad did an awesome job and the CC2 is a great piece of hardware.

The description for the H2 also looks awesome!

Based on the what we heard initially (not what might have been added to the H2 in the redesign), there are some benefits:

It will have a much nicer end user experience for adding games. Basically you can drag and drop games in. No messing with text files. Very nice! (Although I like text files.. ;-) )

It will play Pitfall 2.

SD rather than MMC.

I believe it will have a USB connection. If that will allow adding games that way rather than needing a card reader, that's very nice...

So, it is looking to be a very nice piece of kit...

But the CC2 is also very nice. Chad did a GREAT job, and personally, I wouldn't call it 10x worse....

IMHO

desiv

The price as in how much cc2 goes for makes it to me 10x worse..

I won't disagree there..

I still can't understand some of those prices, and I think it's a great piece of kit.. ;-)

Hopefully the H2 will satisfy the market.

I'm interested in seeing what it will do...

desiv

Based on the initial possible price and the price of the CC2 when sold by Chad, its looking to be at least half the price.

As for 10x better..

Chad did an awesome job and the CC2 is a great piece of hardware.

The description for the H2 also looks awesome!

Based on the what we heard initially (not what might have been added to the H2 in the redesign), there are some benefits:

It will have a much nicer end user experience for adding games. Basically you can drag and drop games in. No messing with text files. Very nice! (Although I like text files.. ;-) )

It will play Pitfall 2.

SD rather than MMC.

I believe it will have a USB connection. If that will allow adding games that way rather than needing a card reader, that's very nice...

So, it is looking to be a very nice piece of kit...

But the CC2 is also very nice. Chad did a GREAT job, and personally, I wouldn't call it 10x worse....

IMHO

desiv

Pitfall II? On the Atari 7800?

the harmony 2 is for the 7800 right?

I know nothing about harmony........

I actually just listed mine on ebay.

http://rover.ebay.co...E:L:LCA:US:1123

And what a great first post too! :roll: And no pictures in your auction even?

Love people who join up just to hock their stuff, not even in the right section....... :P

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

And what a great first post too! :roll: And no pictures in your auction even?

Love people who join up just to hock their stuff, not even in the right section....... :P

atariguy33

Member Since 6 May 2004

Yeah, just joined!! LOL And there is no pictures because it's just a freakin cartridge, they all look the same. Description states its like new, no signs of use. Jeez!

Let me just say that I am potentially interested in this, but I don't want to trump revolutionika's desire for one (as he started this thread).

So, I'm giving him a chance first. I think the BIN price is reasonable, but that's just me.

I've developed for the 7800 this long without one, and with the help of the community, so I can wait. But if nobody else speaks up, I may go for it just to have one in case I need debugging help.

It hasn't been needed for me at this point, and I know there are folks who I know would lend me theirs in a heartbeat if I asked so I can finish my game.

That, and the community has been very helpful. So, for now, I'll hold off unless nobody else is interested.

-John

Oh, whoops-- my apologies; I guess I did buy it (I clicked "buy it now" on the train about an hour ago, but it looked like it didn't go through. Then, I thought better of it afterward and thought I would yield).

revolutionika-- as you were first, PM me if you want it for the BIN price.

Otherwise, I plan to use this to help me with Get Lost.

Pitfall II? On the Atari 7800?

It's the Atari 2600 Pitfall II.

But as the 7800 plays 2600 games, it works on the 7800.

But it has a (some?) custom chip(s?) that the CC2 can't handle. It's more than just a bank switching scheme.

So you can't have a Pitfall II ROM in your CC2 and play the game.

That's all..

If the H2 has Pokey support, one thing that might be nice would be allowing the Pokey to be placed where the xboard/XM Pokey is in address space.

The CC2 has a socket for a Pokey and it plays Pokey games great (BallBlazer, Commando, Beef Drop, etc) and it supports mapping it in different addresses, except it's documented range of addresses doesn't go as low as the XM/xboard location for a Pokey.

So you'll need an XM (or xboard) to play those games with sound. Not a huge deal as the XM looks great, but if the H2 supports that internally, it would be a nice incentive for some people.

desiv

atariguy33

Member Since 6 May 2004

Yeah, just joined!! LOL And there is no pictures because it's just a freakin cartridge, they all look the same. Description states its like new, no signs of use. Jeez!

Fair enough, I did not check your profile just went on assumption seeing as your post count was just 1. Seems you have been a lurker Since 6 May 2004 as opposed to an active participant that has gained trust and reputation over time. When you finally make a post it's to sell to a community that does not know you so might as well of joined yesterday, my point still stands but whatever, good luck on your sale.......

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer