IGNORED

Is there a end to Super Huey

Vintagebreed

You're picking the wrong mode.

http://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.html?SoftwareID=2149

Arcade mode never ends. It's about how long you can last.

However, in Reality mode, "Your mission in Reality Mode is to bomb the enemy base and return to home base."

That sounds like what you're looking for.

-John

Yes. I finished it. The ending is... anticlimactic. It does, however, exist. Play reality mode, take off, fly to the enemy base, hit it with a missile, turn around and fly back, land, switch off. See the ending. Done.

Don't bother with the enemies. Just fly to the base as fast as you can, then fly as fast as you can back, and they won't ever get a shot at you. You can completely ignore them.

Edited by Atarifever

I had the c64 version as a kid. Where is the 7800 version compared to that one?

I am relatively sure it isn't as good. I read some computer manuals for the game when I was trying to determine how to finish it, and there are a lot more options in the versions I read up on.

However, anyone who thinks it is terrible, boring, and unplayable is just silly. It's not a bad game by any means, just confusing to get the hang of. I've certainly got a good few hours out of it. If I'd paid full price back in the day perhaps I wouldn't like it quite as much, but then again, full price may have been "under twenty bucks" and it would have seemed more graphically impressive back then, so I might have liked it more.

I hope everyone knows there are different play options. You can do an arcade like dog fight, where you don't have to worry about sthe simulation stuff like taking off, and just aim for high score (number of kills). There's a flight school mode that guides you through the simulation controls, take offs, landings, etc. Finally, there is the reality mode where you fly to the enemy base and destroy it. I've talked to people online who thought the arcade mode was the only one, or that the other modes were impossible, and thus, only played 1/3 of the game.

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 1