IGNORED

Who is gonna sell Chuck Norris MIA...I wanna know right now!

Cousin Vinnie

Vinnie:

Far as I know, Chuck Norris belongs in the hands of the CGE crew i.e. Digital Press gang. Chuck Norris was originally gonna be offered at last years CGE in August, but due to some difficulty recreating the proto board they have been unable to do so. I haven't seen the proto myself, but as I understand it, the main game's pcb has a second daughter like card on it that has some extra ram or some such. It is this daughter card that is causing the problems as it is required for the proto to work. Therefor, until a simpler version of the proto board setup can be found, it most likely won't be sold in any real release as the cost to create the carts and release it in its current form is simply too much.

Anyone feel free to jump in and correct me if my thoughts on this are incorrect?

:?

I played MIA for about 5 mintues. You're really not missing much. There are a variety of side scrolling levels, but the they all look pretty ugly (brown and green jungle blotches), and the same three enemies seem to attack you over and over again. It plays pretty much like any other side scrolling beat 'em up, but there was an impossibly difficult boat scene (I kept flipping over the damn boat) and a huge waterfall I kept falling down that were interesting.

Overall this game might have been cute for the time, but it certainly wouldn't have saved the 7800. Chalk it up to another average 7800 game (or a sub-par NES game).

What I want to see is Plutos and Sirius!

Tempest

What I want to see is Plutos and Sirius!

Tempest

Well, If you had stuck around the DP table you could have gotten a chance to see Plutos. John had it working for about 30 seconds or so. It looked really cool! It would have been one of the best two person games on the 7800. :)

Allan

Wow - that's a lot to pick up for only five minutes of play!  You experienced many different levels in such a short amount of time. ;-)  

Actually I cheated. There's a level select trick and an invincibility cheat.

Tempest

Love your site. Looking forward to seeing 7800 protos on it.

One little nitpick though - you have the same logic as many others: "the 7800 was dated technology because it was put on the shelf" and "a 1983 system in a 1986 world".

This flies around the net a lot, but people forget a key fact: The NES was released in 1983 as the Famicon and the SMS was released in 1983 as the Mark III.

In terms of technology, the 7800, NES, and SMS really are all the same age.

The problem with the 7800 was Jack was cheap and inflexible. He didn't spend big $$$ on development, production, enhancing carts etc.