IGNORED

Ninja Golf

captcapcom

Don't mean to insult you but, did you clean the contacts on the game cartridge? If other games work then the console contacts are not the cause. %99.9 of the time when i've had games not boot up, i've had to clean the cart contacts with alcohol and , i use SPONGE tip make up removers. This i've had to do 3-4 times sometimes on the same game contacts. Q-tips are fine, but use the brand name ones, the cheap ones shed lint like crazy which you DON'T want on your games or inside console slot. You may already know this, but hey you never know. Good luck

Edited by Rik

I found % 99 Isopropyl Alcohol at the pharmacy, better than the %70. I swear they didn't sell rubbing alcohol THAT pure here in Canada before, just the %70, just noticed it like 1 year ago. Laws must have changed. :? Even better than that is Contact cleaner in the spray can, but that's really pricey.

Edited by Rik

This might sound weird but, before you give up, I'd try a few things with the cart's positioning in your 7800.

For example, try pushing and holding it forward a little, and then turn the power on. Then try the same thing pushing forward a little more.

Also, try pulling it slightly down.

This "technique" will let you know if it's dead-- which is unlikely. I just bought another cartridge off of ebay and it seemed that it was dead, but with about 10 minutes and a bunch of fiddling, I was able to get it to boot once. That at least showed me a few things: that my cart was still dirty, and that my system was apparently really dirty. If that doesn't work for you, it could be dead, but it seems unlikely.

At this point, 7800's are pretty old, and it's a good chance that there's some oxidization / dirt /.rubbed off connectors that have to be dealt with; if not everything lines up correctly, then it won't work.

Anyhoo, do this at your own risk, but this technique has served me well over the years in determining bad carts. As was posted above, a dead cart is a real rarity.

-John