IGNORED

controllers

Vintagebreed

So i was wondering is this true are Sega Genesis controllers compatible with the atari 7800.If so what has to be done to the controller if anything?Just wondering because i am looking to find another type of controller for the 7800 i checked into modified controllers and i just cant justifiy paying that much for them.So i guess my question would be is the Sega Genesis controller fully compatible with the atari 7800 controller port and ty in advance

Well, first I did plunk down for the Euro pad, but the button layout really isn't good for real gaming and score runs. Acceptable for casual gaming, but you aren't going to set Twin Galaxies on fire with the thing any better than you would with the Prolines.

I have a modded plug and play Radica Space Invaders stick which is an improvement for sure, but when I'm pressing record on the vcr for a real run I use the modded nes pad I got from the.golden.ax here at AA. I'm also pestering him for another mod that I'll be bragging about special for Robotron when he gets some free time.

Right now... pester Ax for a nespad. Sometimes he has Advantage sticks and Max pads also. Great guy and awesome work.

Edited by gorfcadet

Sometimes he has Advantage sticks and Max pads also. Great guy and awesome work.

I have a pair of NES Advantage sticks in the garage..

I've considered modding them to something (or having it done), but I always wondered how complete it would be...

Can you mod it and keep the autofire with the adjustment?

You probably wouldn't want the "slow motion" mode.

No need for start/select on a 7800 joystick, and the player 1/2 would probably be difficult/impossible...

(Actually, are there enough spare wires in the joystick cable that you could mod your 7800 and joystick and have the reset and select buttons moved over?? hmm...)

Anyway, as I'm not that great a player, I like to have bad joysticks to blame it on.. ;-)

desiv