IGNORED

Donkey kong 2nd board

Jamesapp

Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to ask this. But i own an atari 7800 and was playing donkey kong and had a question.

One thing i should say i didnt want to look up the answer online because i am playing the game. In other words i dont want someone to tell me exactly how to get passed the 2nd board of donkey kong. But i got past the first board but when i get to the second board, i have gotten to the top. But i cant seem to get up any of the ladders there is four i think compared to the first board which has two ladders. I have tried to the best of my ability to get up each of the four ladders with no luck.

I guess i am asking is there something wrong with eather my controller or my donkey kong cartridge. Again i dont want someone to tell me how to get past the second board. But just to reassure me that everything is working as it should but i just have to figure it out. I have tried all four ladders and none of them seem to work. But i dont know if there is a trick i am missing?

Again i dont want details, just reassurance that that game is working correctly, and that i have to find a way to get up one of the ladders.

Thanks in advance

I can climb ladders in board one and board two? But when i get to board two, to the top. The upper most level i cant get up any of the four top ladders?

How can you get past board one without climbing the ladders? I have donkey kong by nintendo for use with atari?

Again i dont want an answer to get past board two, but just want to make sure its possible?

I was thinking my cart is ok because all ladders work on board one and two? But when i get to the top of board two i cant get up two the girl on top.

All ladders work with my cart, atari 7800, and joystick. But only one ladder works on the two ladders of board one. I am thinking this is how the game is supposed to work. i.e. only one ladder works on the top level of each board. But i cant seem to climb up any of the ladders on the top of board two.

I dont understand why you say i shouldnt be able to climb up ladders, isnt that a basic part of donkey kong?

Mitch

Yeah on the 2nd board of my cart. You walk over certain areas and they dissapear. Like there are lines that once you walk over them they become holes.

Clear all of them and the level is over.

Mitch

Oh 2600dk. .. Yes walk over all the spots to make holes to kill cookie monster.. No need to climb the top ladder. Cookie does not really die just goes back to screen 1 to climb up to cookie monster all over again!!

Edited by Jinks