IGNORED

Activision Anthology PAL anyone?

Eckhard Stolberg

A couple of days ago the Activision Anthology for PS2 was released in PAL form. Has anyone already bought it and can comment on how good the PAL conversion is? Was anything changed for the PAL version? Were the PAL versions of the 2600 games used? Are there any speed or letterboxing problems?

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg

Hi there!

Question to all who have a german PAL-version:

Is River Raid included?

It is forbidden since 1984.

Michael

I think the ban might be platform dependent. Green blooded GBA Doom or Duke Nukem is available everywhere. And GBA Atari Anniversary Advance includes Battlezone.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Question to all who have a german PAL-version:

Is River Raid included?

It is forbidden since 1984.

Michael

I think the ban might be platform dependent. Green blooded GBA Doom or Duke Nukem is available everywhere. And GBA Atari Anniversary Advance includes Battlezone.

Greetings,

Manuel

Yeah,

but Doom for the GBA was completely new programmed and looks different to the PC-version.

And River Raid on the PS2 is new programmed too, but looks the same as the banned 2600-version.

So that might be a difference in in cluding it or not. :(

Greets

Michael

@Osmeroid:

Activision UK list it in it's webshop, so I guess it's available in Britain too.

@Michael:

In the Man!ac review they say that Activision went through the trouble of having River Raid taken off the Index, so that it can be included with the German version of the Anthology. They also have a screen shot of RR in the review. Unfortunately the review is only half a page, and they don't mention anything about the differences between the PAL version and the NTSC version, which they reviewed the month before.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

@Michael:

In the Man!ac review they say that Activision went through the trouble of having River Raid taken off the Index, so that it can be included with the German version of the Anthology. They also have a screen shot of RR in the review. Unfortunately the review is only half a page, and they don't mention anything about the differences between the PAL version and the NTSC version, which they reviewed the month before.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Thanks,

Michael

:D as i am working in the biz i have access to the trade magazines for retailers and the industry itself. activison managed to get river raid off the index before releasing them in germany. ;) am pritty sure that they haven't touched the code for germany only. i guess it was no problem as RR went on the index around 84... and many things changed since then... in games... realism vise...

hve

ps. what is the HERO bug?