IGNORED

5200 A/V Mod services?

Draugr

Hi everyone.

I got the nostalgic itch for the good old Atari again and thought I'd stop by here and see whats been going on since I last visited. I was happy to see the Tempest 5200 game released and I will be picking that up. :)

I do have a question though. Is there anyone here who does the 5200 audio/video mod, or sells pre-modded 5200s? I have my 2600, 7800, and Colecovision already modded and would love to add the 5200 and eventually the Intellivision too. :)

If there is anyone who does, or knows someone who does the mods or sells the systems with the mods already, please let me know.

PS: Where is the best palce to get working/refurbished/New 5200 controllers? I'm not sure I trust eBay and would prefer to find out that there is a member here who perhaps sells them, sort of like how Yurkie sells the CV controllers. I'd trust fellow members here ,but definitely not some stranger on eBay. :)

Thanks,

John

You could check and see if Yurkie will do a 5200 AV mod as he does Colecovision and 7800's. Otherwise, contact this seller on ebay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F151006109912%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1438.l2649

For controllers, try Best Electronics:

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/5200.htm

I'm curious where to find the mod board and parts ? I have a friend willing to do it for me but dont see any of the boards on ebay . So if anyone can help me to find the board I am wanting to mod my 2 port . And if I am happy with it I might mod my 4 port along with the power mod .

Edited by AtariBrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All you modders, I am wondering if the same mod that uses two resistors and one

transistor you see on eBay all the time will work. I build those and install them in

A2600 and a7800 all the time, but will they work in the A5200?

If anyone knows.. They should, but I havent taken the soldering gun out

to check.

Thanks.

I actually do mods for the first 4-port version of the 5200. Since the rather stupid switchbox is considerably rare, I've bypassed the need for it and made a AC input. It's pretty handy if you insist on having a 4-port console but do not have the needed switchbox. :D I love coloring letters. :3