IGNORED

Help: Mega Drive and SMS bad video signal

karokoenig

So, I got this Mega Drive, and a Master System II as well. And both seem to have problems getting a video signal into my TV. The colours are all twisted and the screen flickers. It's less severe with the SMS, but still bad. I tried fine-tuning the TV, but it won't get a good picture. The TV sems to be quite ok, since my NES and my 2600 work like a charm.

Edit: the cables and connections all seem to be in pretty decent shape. Would it be worthwhile to exchange the SMS and MD cables to test around? I.e. - are they compatible? I tried a direct connection without the RF switchbox in between with my Atari 2600 cable, but that didn't work at all.

Edited by karokoenig

The SMS and Mega Drive share the same cables (though you wouldn't want to use an SMS II PSU on a Mega Drive) so it's worth a shot.

Thanks, I'll try. The power supply on both units works fine, so I wasn't tempted to exchange those :-).

I'll get myself an RGB scart cable as well and see what happens - but till that thing arrives, please don't hesitate to make suggestions. The SMS II will have to be tended to as well.

• 2 weeks later...