IGNORED

Marketing a Compilation Cart

Cybearg

RevEng has been kind enough to help me stuff my four existing games, Heartbreak, Fix-It Felix Sr, Joy Ride, and Ping into a compilation cart to make it worth the purchase price, but I have a nagging question:

How do I market a cart that contains four completely unrelated games? One would instinctively think to just call it what it is, but I worry that if it's marketed as a compilation cart, it will be passed over because folks will suspect it will be Action 52 levels of discount crap.

Any ideas for a name/theme that could be used for the cartridge?

RevEng has been kind enough to help me stuff my four existing games, Heartbreak, Fix-It Felix Sr, Joy Ride, and Ping into a compilation cart to make it worth the purchase price, but I have a nagging question:

How do I market a cart that contains four completely unrelated games? One would instinctively think to just call it what it is, but I worry that if it's marketed as a compilation cart, it will be passed over because folks will suspect it will be Action 52 levels of discount crap.

Any ideas for a name/theme that could be used for the cartridge?

I don't think so. I've really enjoyed some of the compilation carts available such as Stella's Stocking and 2005 Minigame comp. I think your homebrew cart could do really nice if the games are good. You'll likely get more sales than by selling them separately. I have found minigame compilations to be fun, especially if I don't like one title, I can still enjoy the others. I don't believe most consumers would think of modern homebrew compilation carts in the same light as shovel crap like Action 52. I say go for it. Felix Sr looks neat, and the others sound neat as well. Don't be discouraged and be sure to contact Albert about getting it published. I'd rather have a 4-in-1 anyway than four separate carts with small games. Edited by stardust4ever

Where do I preorder?

I wouldn't worry to much about people avoiding your cart based on the title. Most homebrew players probably take the time to at least glance at a title before deciding if its worthy to own or not.

I was going to suggest a combination cartridge with all the games on it!

Now it is a definite buy.

You could name it Fix It Felix, Sr. (+ 3 bonus games).

Or use all 4 Names, and on the large label do a 2 by 2 with either screenshots, or simple art like a colored heart, Felix or Ralph, a motorcycle, a bat:

i.e.

-name - name -

-name - name -

X | X

- - - -

X | X

tetra- a combining form meaning “four,” used in the formation of compound words.

Examples:

TetraCart

TetraPlay

TetraMax

OR

quad, quadr, quadra, quadri, quadru A prefix added to the start of a word. Indicates that "four" modifies the word.

Examples:

QuadraCart

Quad-Challenge

QuadruMaster

Other suggestions:

Quantum Cart

Super Challenge

The Delta Collection

Forgive me, can't help it...

tetra-

Examples:

TetraCart \

TetraPlay. - Sounds like fish tank stuff

TetraMax /

OR

quad

QuadraCart. - Sterero equipment

Quad-Challenge - Exercise

QuadruMaster. - exercise

Other suggestions:

Quantum Cart. - It is so small you can't see what you bought!

Super Challenge.- Sports

The Delta Collection - Oooh, riverboats!