IGNORED

New 7800 parts

Curt Vendel

Several people have asked me if they could buy the cartridge connector for the 7800 consoles, so I have made those available for everyone, I made 1,000 pcs so there are more than enough for the XM's and plenty of extra's for people who have projects:

http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=63

• Like 2

Do these fit Imagic carts and the like with no problems? I might be interested in a couple if that's the case.

That was one of the original reasons why I brought up that issue years ago, just before work started on this project. I believe Curt did test the new cart sleeves and he said they'll fit almost every of type 2600 cart.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just beginning to dip my toe into the world of the 7800, so I have an ignorant question to ask:

Are these used to resolve the issue of some 2600 cartridges not fitting into the 7800? or the XM specifically?

They were intentionally designed to serve either purpose (the connector and the way it is mounted on the XM board mimicks the manner in which the connector on the 7800 board is mounted) , a two-for-one. So, yes, if you have a finicky connection on your 7800 and have trouble fitting some 2600 carts (not all 7800s have this problem, but many do), you can open 'er up, pop the old guide out and install one of these and your 2600 carts will likely fit better. :).

• Like 1