IGNORED

simple stereo input question

ComputerSpaceFan

Someone help me out here with an easy stereo input question for my gaming rig.

I should know this but I need to hear someone else back me up.

My retro TV has a single (available) stereo input on the back for audio and I want to connect both my Wii and my Playstation One audio into it. Basically the TV has composite video as well as component video which is great and I intend to hook up the Wii to the component jacks and then the PS1 to the composite video jack.

No problem so far however the designers of this TV decided no one is ever going to do this simultaneously so there's only one set of audio inputs for this. If I connect just the Wii I hear its audio on "Input 2" and if I then choose "Input 3" I see nothing (cuz nothing is connected to the composite jack) but I can still hear the Wii.

My plan is to buy a pair of these 'piggy back' connectors to share the Wii and PS1 going into the TV

stereo-rca-plus-piggyback.jpg

The only snag is my highschool electronics classroom voice is telling me that circuit will be overloaded and the sound will be crap. Am I wrong? Obviously I wouldn't have both the PS1 and the Wii on at the same time, however the signals coming out of either console will be balancing their load not only to the TV input but the other console connector.

Or will this be fine? I'm thinking since the connector above exists it must mean there's no problem to worry about.

Right?