IGNORED

mega everdrive

metzger130

I bought a Mega Everdrive today, cart only. This did not come with the SD card just the cartridge. I downloaded the OS ver 8 and put it on the card and ROM's. I can play games with no problem, but every time I try and hit start and Down at the same time to bring up the menu it pauses the game and will not bring up the menu. Do I need to download something else to get the menus to work?

Thanks!

Just a suggestion as it will help with future support should you need it but you might want to consider the OFFICIAL forums for all things Everdrive. Why? Well, most of the main distributors and the developer himself Krikzz will often chime in personally and there is definitely a much larger Everdrive support community there:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?109-Everdrive-Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the Mega everdrive. Once I turned the menu option ON, yes it was as simple as I didn't realize it wasn't on by default, it worked great. The save states work in many games and I have used them in a couple. I plan on playiing the Phantasy star games and using the save state before a big fight, I know cheating but why not. The almost instant loading of games is very nice too. You select it and in a second or 2 it's ready to play, or at least at the start up if they have something going on before the menus. I have all the genesis, master system games on it. I do have 32 X games on it, but don't own a 32X so I can't play those. Overall, I am VERY HAPPY with the product. If you don't want/need save states go with the cheaper one, but if you want the ability to do save states it is well worth the extra money to get the mega one.

• Like 1