IGNORED

Dropped micro SD card into my Harmony cart.

roryjr

Yes, it will go back together easily, however, you will need to damage the label in order to unscrew the cartridge.

I once inserted an SD card into the optical drive slot of an iMac (the SD card slot sits right below the slot for the drive). I don't ever recommend doing that.

..Al

• Like 1

Yes, it will go back together easily, however, you will need to damage the label in order to unscrew the cartridge.

I once inserted an SD card into the optical drive slot of an iMac (the SD card slot sits right below the slot for the drive). I don't ever recommend doing that.

..Al

I've almost done that a number of times. The new Imacs have the slot in the back with all the ports. Safer but more of a pain. It should in the front. Not as sleek looking but more functional.

Allan

I've almost done that a number of times. The new Imacs have the slot in the back with all the ports. Safer but more of a pain. It should in the front. Not as sleek looking but more functional.

Allan

I have zero interest in the current generation iMacs as they are user hostile as far as opening them. I'm about to put an SSD in a 27" iMac, at least you can open those and put them together, even though it's still a bit of work. And I agree with having ports on the front (or at least sides) where they are more easily accessible. So, my next Mac purchase will probably be the new Mac Pro. Got to see this in person and it is damn slick. Not crazy that all expansion is external, but I've been waiting for a substantially new Mac Pro for years.

..Al

I haven't. I peeled the middle off and I hope I did not damage the inside. Is the screw in the middle?

The screw is in the middle horizontally, and a bit below center vertically. Here's a photo of a cart without the label so you can see where the screw is:

2600_cart_screw.jpg

..Al

There are three tabs along each of the side edges. You need to hold the cart in two hands, applying pressure against one half of the shell in one direction while resisting in the other, and at the same time pulling the two halves apart. You shouldn't need to apply a ton of pressure to do this, but it depends on the individual cart. Since you haven't done this before, it may take a few tries. :)

..Al

• Like 1