IGNORED

Gameboy Devcart Version 3

Drakon

Same hardware as version 2, I just rebuilt the case.

k7FIXMt.jpg

yA6KJ16.jpg

UN5JP99.jpg

UqTvNTI.jpg

9lxXO9P.jpg

MtVL0vL.jpg

ns7H1lM.jpg

Gdxfmzx.jpg

71CuoxK.jpg

This thing will hold me over until someone makes a proper gameboy / gameboy color cart that reads games from a sd card. My devcart supports games all the way up to 64 mbit. The main socket you can burn, drop and play eproms up to 8mbit without any rewiring. The toggle switch on the top is to switch between regular eprom and eprom compatible flashchips. The 3 pin header on the top is the extra address lines for 16, 32 and 64 mbit adapters. This cart uses the mbc5 chip so it can play the entire gb / gbc library. This cart also has the largest possible size save ram chip running on a socketed battery.

How easy (for you) was this project? Do you think the average joe can put together their own gameboy homebrew with similar techniques?

For me this wasn't too bad but for the average guy I'd recommend hiring someone who knows their stuff. You're working with a lot of surface mount building this. Casework is also very important if you cut the wrong part of the case it won't close and you'll need to get another. The back of the eprom socket box must be flush with the case back otherwise it would get in the way of things on your systems.

Edited by Drakon
  • Like 1