IGNORED

Getting a 4 port 5200 and xtras for $20 today!

Video_Invader

4 port model with a 2600 adapter, 3 controllers and a trakball. Might get some storage units as well. Will update with pics when it arrives. He said the controllers are shot. I build my own kits so I may have them running by tonight. Maybe Monday at the latest if I have to go out for supplies. Not sure of what I have here yet.

Sweet deal. I fired up my 4 switch 5200 recently and noticed the controllers were failing again. Short of ordering gold contact refurbished controllers from Best Electronics, I have elected to open these and either re-glue some foil onto the button contacts, or try some of the conductive paint mentioned in this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214286-new-conductive-paint-to-fix-8001200xl-mitsumi-keyboards/

I am hopeful that the cured paint will stick to whatever material is on those rubber buttons. :)

• Like 1

Ah, I see you got the special vacuum attachment!

My guess is that a lot of those trackballs started out white, but yellowed over time, as consumer electronics tend to do.

At any rate, that's an excellent find! I think the 5200 is a terrific system, but I never bought one of those trackballs. How is it? Does it make the gameplay in Centipede as smooth as it is in the arcade game? What games are compatible? Are these questions annoying?