IGNORED

The Bob DeCrescenzo Collection?

Madaracs

You know what would be cool?

A limited edition Bob DeCrescenzo Boxed Set of everything he's ever produced for the community.

Complete with cartridges, manuals a small book about his programming woes and triumphs maybe with interviews and excerpts of his work.

Would anyone else buy it?

• Like 4

You know what would be cool?

A limited edition Bob DeCrescenzo Boxed Set of everything he's ever produced for the community.

Complete with cartridges, manuals a small book about his programming woes and triumphs maybe with interviews and excerpts of his work.

Would anyone else buy it?

That would be a very expensive boxed set. You should take a look at how many games he has produced...it would have to be a rather large box. Bob's body of work is both impressive and massive!

Actually, I am already building my Bob collection!

And when we talk about interviews, the process of making games, new ideas etc, we have the best possible experience with Bob.

If you go to "Bentley Bear: Chrystal Quest" thread, you can see his work very close, these were much more exciting than anything I could read about the history of a game.

Before joining AA, I never expected to see the development in a such privileged position. We got many intermediate roms, we saw great challenges to overcome and the game getting better and better.

As I write this, I think I should print some posts of the WIP threads and keep it with my Bob's games.

These threads tell the history of Bob's work in a great and exciting way.

Did I say we also have the source code of many Bob's games? For non programmers this can be a great memorabilia too!

Hmm.... Now I just want to see a picture of Bob.

I hope he's not too ugly... :ponder:

Never mind, it would be cool to see his face, I already know he's got a great heart. :-D

Year: 2050

Ah and yes we have entered into the Bob DeCrescenzo wing of the Atari museum...in the early 90's when Atari abandoned the 7800 pro system...many programmers stepped up and created many new games for the console...they were called Homebrews by the Atari community,...one of those programmers, Bob DeCrescenzo, created many new games for this community. Bob was the catalyst of the rebirth of the Atari 7800 console. The Atari Age community acquired the rights of the Atari name and the hardware and began reproducing the 7800 pro system console. There was an XM module produced the the7800 console that expanded the capabilities of the 7800 console...as time went on there was a collectors edition boxed set of the Bob DeCrescenzo game cartridges that included a story of how Bob started on programming 7800 games..it was highly coveted as there were limited supply of the boxed set.

Bob DeCrescenzo is now heads the Atari 7800 game company that employs 50 programmers that are still churning out high quality 7800 games....Now if would could move on to the next wing.....

• Like 1

I will buy it if all the money goes to Bob. Mr. DeCrefuckincenzo, you rock my tits off, also with your guitar work. Just kidding, you rock my balls inside out. Whatever it may be, Bob should be paraded out around like the Stanley Cup. Bob, come up to VT and you have a guitar gig at my venue. Higher Ground. www.highergroundmusic.com. Check the calendar. And we don't have to mention anything Atari. All the best to you, and this thread is dedicated to your awesomeness. Much respect.

• Like 1

Holy Crap guys - thanks!

You all really make me wish even more that I was doing this as a career instead of a hobby.

You are all very cool 8) and you just made my day... hell, my week!

Hmmm... maybe a 'three-pak' might not be too bad (like Atari used to do - the 'Action Pak' for example). Ha ha - we could have the 'Pac Pak': Pac-Man Collection, Super Pac-Man, and Jr. Pac-Man... The 'Tank Pak': FailSafe, Armor Attack II, RipOff... This is fun! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you * 1,000,000.

Bob

I would love to create something that is a combination of Atari's "Adventure", the "Dark Tower" board game, and Intellivision's "AD&D: Cloudy Mountain". That's been on my mind for a while now. :twisted:

• Like 9

Bob, if you're willing to help me relearn ASM (my rust is too thick to penetrate it again, unfortunately, and most of my game design work is in C/C++), I would love to work with you on getting an Apshai game to the 7800. Of course, I still want Bezerk and Gorf... and a pony!

Hi Guys

I own all games from Bob and even some more

:)

I also own the boxes,made by Marc O

And sure all manuals

This is what i call a complete Bob collection

I would never sell it,not for all money in the world :)

Bob is the greatest 7800 programmer and his games a woth to be played and also collected

We are happy to have Bob in our forum :)

greetings Walter

I had to separate out Bob's games from the rest of my collection some time ago because there are just too many of them for my 7800 crate. I now keep his games in an 8-track slide out case and he's just about filled that up! It won't be long before I'll just have to start filling up another crate with just his games. :-)

It would need to be an expandable collection. :)

Al

Expandable indeed...There's about a dozen and a half games already finished without including the WIPs (i.e. Frenzy/Berzerk) or just finished ones (i.e. Armor Attack, Bentley Bear).

Not to forget either, within that dozen and a half, you get at least one (i.e. Rip Off), but even a couple (i.e. Space Invaders/Space Invaders Deluxe), or several different games (i.e. Pac-Man Collection) that could technically have been released individually.

It's truly astounding!

I actually would buy a box set.........plus Bob t shirts.....Bob grammy winning albums, Bob coffee mugs, Bob baseball hats....and i would even go to the Movie theatre to watch all the Bob movies........how about a BobMobile car....id buy that too....Bob comic books, Bob action figures, Bob candy......etc etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Holy Crap guys - thanks!

You all really make me wish even more that I was doing this as a career instead of a hobby.

You are all very cool 8) and you just made my day... hell, my week!

Hmmm... maybe a 'three-pak' might not be too bad (like Atari used to do - the 'Action Pak' for example). Ha ha - we could have the 'Pac Pak': Pac-Man Collection, Super Pac-Man, and Jr. Pac-Man... The 'Tank Pak': FailSafe, Armor Attack II, RipOff... This is fun! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you * 1,000,000.

Bob

I would love to create something that is a combination of Atari's "Adventure", the "Dark Tower" board game, and Intellivision's "AD&D: Cloudy Mountain". That's been on my mind for a while now. :twisted:

Hi BOB

ADVENTURE with Dark Tower and AD&D elements would be a dream :)

Count me in as Tester and let me know,if you Need any ideas for such a Project.

This would be a perfect game for the 30th anniversary in 2014 :)

greetings Walter

..btw I'm at the 'GameWarp' expo in Orlando this weekend. Anyone else?

[/quote

GameWarp? Is that at the convention center on International Dr. ? How did I miss that? I live just outside Orlando. What will you be doing there? Demoing some of the games you have in development?

If there is anyone in the Orlando area tomorrow that wants a WIP of Frenzy on cart (remember, it's far from finished, but somewhat playable), I'll be wearing the Maroon 'AtariAge' t-shirt tomorrow afternoon at the expo (we're going to SeaWorld first). If you come up to me and ask, "Are you PacManPlus"? it's yours. :D

(I had to turn this around and make a game out of it) ;)

• Like 1