IGNORED

The Bob DeCrescenzo Collection?

Madaracs

Being a favorite game of all time does not necessarily mean the variants of the original are also a part of that favorites list. Being a non-programmer myself, I even thought about Pac-Mania along with many other 80's to early 90's game on the ProSystem, but it still doesn't lend wanting to, or make programming period any easier. However, I am sure many programmers and non-programmers alike have thought about 'X' game for a split second.

The enormous task, and what can seem to be near daunting feat of bringing even the simplest game to the system is a labor of love that is weeks, and months of actual programming. The level of generosity, sacrifice, and love poured into any developers release is quite amazing.

I don't look at Desert Falcon as being a stepping stone to a game like Pac-Mania. Pac-Mania has horizontal and vertical scrolling with horizontal scrolling looping around in a circle. That is unlike the scrolling in Desert Falcon. Desert Falcon makes a game like (Super) Zaxxon seem possible though.

The XM would make the music very arcade-like utilizing the Yamaha chip, but it is likely not necessary to handle the complex and difficult portion of graphics and animation. That piece is indeed a challenge for any programmer, but not so much for the hardware. I believe MARIA can handle it on her own.

If anything, considering the amount of "Pac" games Bob has already put out, I would not blame him for never wanting to port another "Pac" related game again.

I'm psyched for Frenzy/Berzerk, and looking forward to some Armor Attack and Bentley Bear on cart soon. Bob is the man!

I ditto a lot of what Trebor says here. With the new game intro's and old game retro's we're effectively reliving the Atari experience. Sure, there's "no boss" or "no schedule" or "no design requirements (except your own)" but the 7800 developing game technology continues as before. It's amazing what's being done 30 years later. Who woulda thought in 1983 what would be happening 30 years later? Desert Falcon has been a hot topic recently and I'll have the full disassembly within a few days or so. The source list doesn't include the Sphinx or Nile Flyer title screen graphics. Anyone got that? My cousins here in Germany see how I do what I do. There's yawns within 15 minutes and they walk away in a half hour. No patience for this stuff I do so routinely and continuously. It takes days and sometime weeks to do what I do so I know the new game developments are man-months, even when borrowing blocks of code from former games. Through my adventures of dissecting games, it all makes sense to me now. Nothing can be assumed - every game must include every aspect to make the graphics and audio run as they do. You need a kernal for the basic game design, set initial conditions and build the display lists and create the audio tunes. Sounds simple, but it isn't, and then you have to cram it all in 16K, 32K, etc. Now with the XM coming, there's not only pokey detect and NTSC/PAL detect, now there will be XM detect. More fun is on the way...

HB to Bob and feel better soon. I'm flying to CA today so I'll be back on native soil again. There will be further delay to my games as I have other things to catch up with being out of town for several weeks.

///blueman///

Hi Bob

You made lots of great games for us....

So i thought you should be rewarded for your great work.

You should have your own PacManPlus System,cause the 7800 would be nothing without you.Hope you enjoy my Little work :)

This is my first attempt.Next,i could do much better,cause now i know......

greetings Walter

post-5041-0-18677400-1375297006_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Never been sick on my birthday before, but apparently I have some sort of cold or flu. Doctor game me antibiotics so hopefully they will kill it :)

Geez man, how did you get me sick from all the way on the other side of the country? I think maybe you included some sort of cold or flu virus with one of your recent uploads. :P

I sure hope you're feeling better by now... cause I don't want to have this for so many days. :)

BTW, happy belated birthday!!!