IGNORED

"Cloak & Dagger" returns. IF you believe it...

LynxVGL

• 2 weeks later...

This guys a straight out asshole. Here's the mature response i got from him. And on top of that, i'm blocked from buying from this idiot. Oh no!!! Did me a favor. I wouldn't give him anything for his junk.

Testing it would do nothing as everyone who knows anything about this game knows that it was only a prop for the movie. It was some regular 5200 game relabeled with the Cloak & Dagger logo specifically for the movie. You people need to make offers or move along. I've done more research on this game than apparently everyone at Atariage or whatever it's called combined. So tell them to keep raising a fuss and crying over the fact that they don't have a copy, and I do. Thanks you will now be added to my blocked buyer list as well. Good day!This guys a straight out asshole. Here's the mature response i got from him.

Edited by Video_Invader

Yes he states the same thing in his actual auctions but he is side stepping the issue, he is claiming it is a prop or simply "whatever" atari 5200 game with the Cloak & Dagger label slapped on but he is not addressing the fact that what he is trying to actually sell is NOT an original cartridge or "prop" from the movie but simply some cartridge he grabbed, printed and cut out a label for (poorly) so he is trying to take the focus off the real complaint here. What an asshole indeed. but really anyone stupid enough to buy it thinking it was form the actual movie or thinking it is the actual game clearly has not done even the slightest bit of research and while it is horribly wrong people tend to make themselves victims when it comes to things like this. Hey if I bought a automobile or real estate thinking I am getting a sweet deal without doing real research then I have only myself to blame.

• Like 1

I believe that the technical term for it is "repropduction," or "reprop" for short.

I understand tgat. The message was more to provoke him. He responded " it was a movie prop"

I then asked " so it's a random cartridge with a Closk and dagger sticker on it?

Haven't heard back yet

I understand tgat. The message was more to provoke him. He responded " it was a movie prop"

I then asked " so it's a random cartridge with a Closk and dagger sticker on it?

Haven't heard back yet

I was just trying to make a joke. This guy reproduced a movie prop but won't admit to it. I think I'm going to make some cannolis from The Godfather and sell them on eBay.

I was just trying to make a joke. This guy reproduced a movie prop but won't admit to it. I think I'm going to make some cannolis from The Godfather and sell them on eBay.

That's against eBay's rules. If they get enough complaints they will pull the auction.

Allan

I just sent a complaint. It's on the right-hand side in the middle of the auction. You have to choose from a selection. I picked 'Copyright + Trademark', then Counterfeit or Authenticity Disclaimer' and then 'Counterfeit, fake items.'

Allan

• Like 2

I just sent a complaint. It's on the right-hand side in the middle of the auction. You have to choose from a selection. I picked 'Copyright + Trademark', then Counterfeit or Authenticity Disclaimer' and then 'Counterfeit, fake items.'

Allan

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Good job, no doubt it will be re-listed at some point with more comments about us "Atariager's" that don't know what we are talking about lol. :rolling:

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

i sent him a message asking if it was an actual prop or a repro and his reply was that at the estate sale it was bought at he was told it was an authentic prop.

That's pretty funny. I hope he doesn't poke anybody's eyes out with that Pinocchio nose. :)

Allan

• Like 1