IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

TI Made a similar device, you might find mention of it, in some TI documentation - as the "Main Frame RAM Trap".

Geoff Trott of the Hunter Valley (?) group in Australia made his own console tester. The ROMS as well as the schematics are floating around, I tried to sucker, er... get Jim to do a run of them...

18 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Get your copy of Mr. Chin for under $50!

https://ebay.com/itm/224273698435

1336736977_Mr_Chin.thumb.PNG.876f07eff9e4b01e49a27d2435ea2316.PNG

We already have the cartridge label and game image released to the community for free, but am I blind, did I miss it, or has no one yet uploaded the manual?

Mr Chin End Labels.jpg

MRCHIN.BIN   <<-- For FlashROM or FinalGROM

MRCHIN512UG   <<-- For UberGROM Board

19 hours ago, dhe said:

TI Made a similar device, you might find mention of it, in some TI documentation - as the "Main Frame RAM Trap".

Geoff Trott of the Hunter Valley (?) group in Australia made his own console tester. The ROMS as well as the schematics are floating around, I tried to sucker, er... get Jim to do a run of them...

LOLOL, and now you know why I bid on this thing already. . .I'm still looking for a good ROM for it. I do plan to make a run of them, your request only moved it up in my project queue.  ;) 

• Like 2

The same seller has a lot of 4 cc40 printers on offer, sold as broken/defect.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/224273300633

Word of warning, he mentions that he opened one of the units to check if included battery had leaked over the years, which was the case. This impacted the PCB of the affected printer. Possible the same for the 3 other units as well.

48 minutes ago, retroclouds said:

The same seller has a lot of 4 cc40 printers on offer, sold as broken/defect.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/224273300633

Word of warning, he mentions that he opened one of the units to check if included battery had leaked over the years, which was the case. This impacted the PCB of the affected printer. Possible the same for the 3 other units as well.

But, it also appears he has some original TI paper rolls.

3 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Are you referring to this?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/224270339930

Not sure that bidding on this auction is a good idea. This diagnostic interface was surely made using the schematic that appears in : http://ftp.whtech.com/user groups/Sydney Australia/TIsHUG-1987-04.pdf

The current price is already overrated, the making of it is very cheap.

• Like 3

I have seen plenty of 99/4A consoles on eBay for cheap prices, as low as $10 a console.  The problem is shipping is outrageous, at least to me.  I am talking $50 from Montana, $35 from New Jersey, &c.  It concerns me how many TIs, and retro machines in general, may wind up getting chucked due to ridiculous shipping costs.

• Like 3

On 12/15/2020 at 9:07 PM, OLD CS1 said:

I have seen plenty of 99/4A consoles on eBay for cheap prices, as low as $10 a console.  The problem is shipping is outrageous, at least to me.  I am talking $50 from Montana, $35 from New Jersey, &c.  It concerns me how many TIs, and retro machines in general, may wind up getting chucked due to ridiculous shipping costs.

i've always thought it was kind of a racket on the couriers' parts, because really, what else is someone going to do when they need to ship stuff?

on the flip side, prohibitive shipping costs (and the care that the couriers ship stuff) has kept my 994a and PEB at home where i won't have seller's remorse later. ;)

Heads Up! Not on ebay. But only here!

Christmas sale! Or whatever you want to call it, I'm game

Send a PM if you are interested.

item 1) 32K Supercart $75 ea.

Item 2) speech synthesiszer $30

Item 3) mini-memory cartridge $35

Item 4) Super Extended Basic $75

Item 5) Mini-Memory complete $50

Notes: supersketch is complete $75

SXB has a manual.

Shipping only to usa,

charges will be applied