IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The Munchman and TI Invaders disks are both pretty hard to find. TI sold them starting sometime after the PEB came out as a bone to support disk users, but very few retailers actually carried them. I've seen four or five of each one come up for sale over the last 18 years or so. The problem is, even with their rarity as disks, the huge number of cartridges out there for both titles keeps the price pretty low for the disk version too, as not too many folks out there understand how rare the disk versions really are.

• Like 3

The Munchman and TI Invaders disks are both pretty hard to find. TI sold them starting sometime after the PEB came out as a bone to support disk users, but very few retailers actually carried them. I've seen four or five of each one come up for sale over the last 18 years or so. The problem is, even with their rarity as disks, the huge number of cartridges out there for both titles keeps the price pretty low for the disk version too, as not too many folks out there understand how rare the disk versions really are.

PHD numbers: http://www.cadd99.com/phd.htm

PHD 5057 Tombstone City: 21st Century (TI)

PHD 5058 TI Invaders (TI)

PHD 5060 Munch Man (TI)

Although I do remember reading in some Editor/Assembler literature about the "game" that was included could be Tombstone City, TI Invaders, or Munchman. It's probably in one of my boxes somewhere, and I believe it was an addendum piece of paper and not part of the actual E/A manual.

• Like 2

pfleeman has a couple of reasonably priced PEBs with disk drives looks like-

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pfleeman/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

(link is the search for his items)

He had a physical copy of that Sams BASIC program book with cassette for $5. Got it for my second kid, who’s the only one that’s shown interest in BASIC :)

• Like 1

pfleeman has a couple of reasonably priced PEBs with disk drives looks like-

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pfleeman/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

(link is the search for his items)

at that price I'm doing my best to listen to the little voice in the back of my mind (kinda sounds like my wife ) "you don't have the room , you already have a nano peb , what do you really need it for "

lol

• Like 1

He had a physical copy of that Sams BASIC program book with cassette for $5. Got it for my second kid, who’s the only one that’s shown interest in BASIC :)

The other kid is showing interests in chaos theory, astrophysics, and inventing her own programming language ;)

• Like 2

Found this on Slickdeals.net. Thought it might help someone... I hope this isn't in violation of any rules.

Ebay is Offering 20% Off Purchases $25+ with promo code PSPRING20.

Offer valid Valid 3/9 8am-8pm PT. Excludes Gift Cards & Coupons, Coins & Paper Money, Real Estate.

sweet just used this to buy a bigger 3d printer

thanks

• Like 1

at that price I'm doing my best to listen to the little voice in the back of my mind (kinda sounds like my wife ) "you don't have the room , you already have a nano peb , what do you really need it for "

lol

ha! i have this voice, too, but i send it packin'!

(i'm king of my castle... when she's not around- i wear the pants of the family... when she lets me) ;) ;)

ha! i have this voice, too, but i send it packin'!

(i'm king of my castle... when she's not around- i wear the pants of the family... when she lets me) ;) ;)

I did kick the voice hard enough to let me buy a bigger 3d printer with the 20% code

and had convinced it to allow me to buy an Atari st but the code only works on one purchase so the voice kicked back and I didn't get a st

• Like 1

Our buddy has a PEB for a good starting price. Shipping is a little higher than I would like, but still.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2635476867391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=263547686739&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yeah, it's not a bad looking box for the starting price either, but I agree, with shipping exceeding the current price, well...

Of course one would still have to buy disk drive(s), cables and the memory expansion separately and probably cough up for the shipping on them as well.

P-Boxes - their size, weight, cost and cost of shipping have always seemed to limit the expansions acceptance. Now with other options currently available, they seem to be getting harder to get rid of as well. I myself have a backup expansion box in great condition that I've been unable to sell at a fair price.

• Like 1

The weight makes it more likely to sell if you can do it locally. Better for those that live in major areas. Those like me, who live in smaller (OK, more "medium" sized,) areas, shelling out for shipping is the only likely option. I lucked out on my PEB, and found it at a thrift store for $50.

• Like 3

The weight makes it more likely to sell if you can do it locally. Better for those that live in major areas. Those like me, who live in smaller (OK, more "medium" sized,) areas, shelling out for shipping is the only likely option. I lucked out on my PEB, and found it at a thrift store for $50.

my area is definitely *smaller*, lol- i forget how much shipping on my PEB was last year but it was a ton.

• Like 1

my area is definitely *smaller*, lol- i forget how much shipping on my PEB was last year but it was a ton.

My area is so small I'm the *ONLY* TI user in my local area (that I know of).

I'd take it to Fest West, but probably anyone showing up there already has a P-Box who wanted one.

Considering where TI used (are they still??) to be located (late 60's, early 70's,) a concentration of TI users in N. Texas shouldn't surprise me. Which makes it more likely that there are some within a reasonable distance from me (Central Texas, Waco to be precise.)

I can confirm that the now-banned user "TI-Gamer" is in fact the eBay seller "Chaser2015".

..Al

WHoa! I may have dogged some bullets. I had been emailing this guy via craigslist for several things. Everything I was interested in was always his "last one". He was always very nice. I got lucky and ended up paying $110 for my computer, speech, and a fully loaded 99/4 PEB. I would have paid triple buying from Chaser2015, and it sounds like his stuff may or may not work...

• Like 1