IGNORED

S-Video display problems (8bitdomain)

crash

Hi,

I have a 7800 with an 8bitdomain S-Video modification installed. If connected directly to the big TV, the top right portion of the screen is dark or discolored. I used to get around this by running the video through the old receiver, which didn't have this problem.

post-8517-0-88059300-1377208053_thumb.jpg

The old receiver had an S-Video pass through to the TV while the new receiver has only HDMI and Component video, so S-Video is re-scaled and converted to display if it passes through that way. The converter does not function properly with the S-Video output, and either displays static, blank screen, flashes, or shows very dark incorrect, blurry colors. I have tried every combination of scaler settings and none seem to work properly.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is something non-standard about the S-Video signal or if you have any other suggestions. I tried the 7800 on a different LCD TV which displays the image correctly, so I'm not sure that the 7800 or video board are the problem.

Thanks

Edit - I plugged in an Atari 130XE via S-Video, directly to the TV, and get the same darkening at the top of the screen, so the 7800 is most likely not the problem. I was able to get a picture with the 130XE through the receiver using the converter/scaler to HDMI 1080p/24 movie mode. The 7800 with the same settings shows a very dark picture, sometimes with missing elements. From what I can tell, the TV is not compatible with the S-Video signal, and the receiver's converter/scaler is mostly incompatible. Perhaps I need to ask for recommendations on either an S-Video signal stablizer/cleaner, or an S-Video to HDMI converter scaler?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...