IGNORED

orphan overlays-real or copies?

Certifiable

Hey, I just received a loose game I bought to get Psycho Stormtroopers overlays that were with it.

Looking at them closer it looks like they may be copies of the originals, they're obviously hand-cut and the text isn't exactly what I'd call sharp...

Do these look right? I mean, even the word "magic" is misspelled on them...maybe it's why I was the only bidder, lol.

DSC03352.jpg

There are 1 or 2 guys from the Uk who makes their own overlays.

I've seen those and been tempted a few times. Are they well done?

As to the original post -- it looks like they're fakes - I hope not from the scans on INTVFunhouse. P.S. asked me to wait awhile before putting any up for fear of this kind of thing happening. FWIW, though, the originals do say "Majic" on them.

I purchased a set from the UK seller intvlondon and they're very well done, practically indistinguishable from the originals-

I was just hoping they were real since they have the logo on them, first I've seen of them (except for IntellivisionDude's video) since joining the forum...

• Like 1

Ok, 3 things:

1. Certifiable, is that picture ones that you have bought? Or are they from IntvLondon/swapmagic? Nice collection, if yours.

2. I bought sets of Diner and Samegame from Swapmagic/INTVLondon and I'm impressed with the quality. He doesn't list them all the time, but if you ask he can list pretty much anything you want. Prices range from $6-15/pair.

3. If the Thunder Castle ones are the recent auction that came with a loose cart, I messaged the seller. He said they are laminated photocopies. Always ask ;-)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

1. Yeah, I bought them from intvlondon after not seeing any others available for so long. They're really cool but I'd also like a set of originals to fondle compare them to...

2. They are of very nice quality, I'm picky and I can't find a thing wrong with them, lol. If you click the photo, then the magifying glass on the photobucket photo in the bottom right corner, then click the magnifying glass in the bottom right corner again (will say "view original" when you hover over it) you can see them all in super close detail. He gave me a nice discount for buying that many at once-

3. Laminated photocopies, you say? Of what, exactly? Does this mean that some of the real ones had Psychos signature on them and some didn't?

3. Laminated photocopies, you say? Of what, exactly? Does this mean that some of the real ones had Psychos signature on them and some didn't?

I had only asked that seller about the Thunder Castle ones....."are they Psychostormtrooper originals, or did you make them at home?" He said that he laminated photocopies, which means he either photocopied the originals, or just printed out photocopies then laminated. Either way, fakes.

I once asked Intvlondon if he would at least bundle some in sets of 10, 20, etc. but he never responded. A full set would be nice, but no one would buy a bundle at $15/pair. Pboland is selling a set of 30ish Sears for $75-100 total. 30 pairs @ $15/pair is $450! That's why I never bought more from Swapmagic. Just the price, not the quality.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Ok, I've had a bunch of people ask me for a price on my Orphan Overlays set 3. It is CIB and includes 104 overlays and 50 sets are for released games.

I gave a price, but then since so many people asked, I decided that the best thing to do was to field offers. To be fair, I will not say what this price was. I will take the best offer.

Thanks.

That would be intvlondon, though he doesn't have anything available on ebay at the moment...

He does have a rather comprehensive list, I think he sells direct copies of regular games and his own artwork versions of orphaned games-

DSC03121.jpg

Wow, that Diner one looks awfully familiar.

http://intvfunhouse.com/intvcorp/overlay/dine-1.jpg

Slightly smaller ENTER button.

They do look to be well-done though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just received a loose game I bought to get Psycho Stormtroopers overlays that were with it.

Looking at them closer it looks like they may be copies of the originals, they're obviously hand-cut and the text isn't exactly what I'd call sharp...

Do these look right? I mean, even the word "magic" is misspelled on them...maybe it's why I was the only bidder, lol.

DSC03352.jpg

I just saw your signature...... You're a member of the Intellinati.

• 7 months later...

Ok, I've had a bunch of people ask me for a price on my Orphan Overlays set 3. It is CIB and includes 104 overlays and 50 sets are for released games.

I gave a price, but then since so many people asked, I decided that the best thing to do was to field offers. To be fair, I will not say what this price was. I will take the best offer.

Thanks.

Old thread I know, but did you even sell the Orphan Overlays? If not, I am interested.

Troy