IGNORED

7800 and then some.

saverofgames

I am very pleased with my system. What do you think maybe this system fun and enjoyable to collect for? Any opinions on things that could have made it better? What are your thoughts on the Genesis and NES? Doesn't it seem a little rushed? Is the library do-able in terms of collecting for? I would like to know where everyone stands on all this

I'll address the NES and the Sega Genesis on this post, not the Atari 7800. To me the NES and the Genesis wasn't rushed. The Genesis was needed in 1988 because of how bad the SMS was doing in Japan and North America.

The NES for sure is getting more expensive from a collecting standpoint compare to 10 to 15 years or even 5 years ago.

The NES to me is a great system with a lot of great games. Too bad I didn't get the NES sooner than 1991. I don't think in hardware specs the NES is better than the SMS outside of sound, the system has a lot of great games in its library. I thought the NES showed all its potential thanks to all the different types Management Memory controller chips the NES used during its lifetime.

Sega Genesis is a great system to me and has a very good game library that includes the Phantasy Star series, Shining Force series, and Shinobi series . Sega Genesis outside outside speed of processor to me was a weaker than the SNES due to the age difference of the 2 system.

Sega Genesis was a great fit for my teenage self in December of 1992 based on my Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 background when I got the Sega Genesis. I only had the NES for one year before I got the Sega Genesis and I wasn't familiar with all the game genre's because of my Atari background with me being accustomed to Arcade style games and fast paced games. I thought RPG's were lame in 1992 because of how tedious Dragon Warrior appeared at my parent's friends house.

Sega Genesis has one of the best game libraries in space shooters. 2d Shooters always been one my favorite genres dating back to my Atari 2600 days. Sega Genesis also had great games that weren't that well known either.

As an Adult, I think people from the 16 bit era need the Genesis, SNES, and the Tg-16 to get the whole 16 bit era experience.

• Like 1

I'll address the NES and the Sega Genesis on this post, not the Atari 7800. To me the NES and the Genesis wasn't rushed. The Genesis was needed in 1988 because of how bad the SMS was doing in Japan and North America.

The NES for sure is getting more expensive from a collecting standpoint compare to 10 to 15 years or even 5 years ago.

The NES to me is a great system with a lot of great games. Too bad I didn't get the NES sooner than 1991. I don't think in hardware specs the NES is better than the SMS outside of sound, the system has a lot of great games in its library. I thought the NES showed all its potential thanks to all the different types Management Memory controller chips the NES used during its lifetime.

Sega Genesis is a great system to me and has a very good game library that includes the Phantasy Star series, Shining Force series, and Shinobi series . Sega Genesis outside outside speed of processor to me was a weaker than the SNES due to the age difference of the 2 system.

Sega Genesis was a great fit for my teenage self in December of 1992 based on my Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 background when I got the Sega Genesis. I only had the NES for one year before I got the Sega Genesis and I wasn't familiar with all the game genre's because of my Atari background with me being accustomed to Arcade style games and fast paced games. I thought RPG's were lame in 1992 because of how tedious Dragon Warrior appeared at my parent's friends house.

Sega Genesis has one of the best game libraries in space shooters. 2d Shooters always been one my favorite genres dating back to my Atari 2600 days. Sega Genesis also had great games that weren't that well known either.

As an Adult, I think people from the 16 bit era need the Genesis, SNES, and the Tg-16 to get the whole 16 bit era experience.

Thanks for the brilliant reply! I appreciate it. I love the Genesis so much, it had terrific games,a was innovative and imaginative, I try my best to dig deep into the library to see what I can find. I want to eventually get my hands on a turbo grafax 16. I am not sure what a fair price for it would be or if it is hard to collect for. RPG's were really never my thing either, later on in life i came to truly appreciate them for what they were. The NES and SNES were very important at the time and even today they hold up well. I played a bunch of the classics for both consoles, though some of the games are unplayable or broken. The SNES really perfected the 16 bit era. Though I really enjoyed the Genesis as well. So you are a fan of all systems mentioned? What were some stand-out titles for you? I love my Genesis with a passion, just so much fun. It was sad to see Atari couldn't head into that direction. I wonder why. I am not sure if the later systems, like Saturn and Dreamcast apply here, though I must say they both were pretty impressive by my standards.

I first got the Atari 7800 in 1989. What made the 7800 fun was the arcade ports and the ability of playing 2600 games on another system back when I first got it. Food Fight is one of my favorites from the original game library. The homebrew games also makes the 7800 fun. Ballblazer was also one of my favorite games in my youth for the Atari 7800.

The Atari 7800 needed a better sound chip in terms of making the system better and that happening thanks to the Atari 7800 Expansion Module.

There is a good amount stuff that could have made the 7800 better.

The fact is the Atari 7800 was supposed to be released in 1984 nationally instead of 1986 affected the game library of the 7800. The fact is the Warner Bros. sold the game console and Computer departments of Atari Inc. to Jack Tramiel in 1984. The catch is Atari Inc. didn't have the rights to the 7800 in 1984 when Jack bought the game console and Computer divisions of Atari Inc and Jack needed to negotiate with GCC to get the rights of the Atari 7800. That delayed when the system was released along with Jack needing a person in charge of the video game department of Atari Corp. after they got the rights of the 7800. Having the 7800 released Nationally in 1984 would have made the 7800 better based on the fact there would have been more advanced games on the system sooner.

What would have made the 7800 better also is if Atari Inc's Arcade department was part of the Atari Inc. sale to Jack Tramiel. What happened was 2 different Atari companies emerged in July of 1984 as a result of Warner's actions. The Arcade division of Atari because Atari Games Inc. that also later published and developed games for the NES besides doing arcade titles. The computer and game console departments of Atari became Atari Corp. Atari Corp not having the Arcade Division hurt the 7800 a bit at a time Atari Games Inc. released games like Marble Madness, Paperboy, Gauntlet, Gauntlet 2, Super Sprint, 720 degrees, and Toobin' in the arcades.

The 3rd thing what would have made the 7800 better is getting better non arcade games. The fact is Atari 7800 had a bad port of Karateka. Atari had bad simulators for games a long with with a bad sports line up.

The 4th thing that would have made the 7800 better is less 2600 games being developed back in 1986 to 1990. The fact is the Atari 2600 in that era had games that were on the 7800 or should have been on the 7800. Also there was more 3rd party games on the 2600 in the 1986 to 1990 era than the Atari 7800.

The 5th thing that would have made the 7800 better was more 3rd party publishers. Nintendo had a monopoly on third parties based on the nature of agreements they had and it hurt Atari 7800 and the Sega Master System. Games like Bubble Bobble would have been great on the 7800 and that is where the exclusive 3rd party agreements hurt the Atari 7800.

What do you think maybe this system fun and enjoyable to collect for? Doesn't it seem a little rushed? Is the library do-able in terms of collecting for? Any opinions on things that could have made it better?

I believe the 7800 system is both fun and enjoyable to collect. It is also a relatively easy system to obtain the entire library for - Many games in new/mint condition may not still be O'Shea's 40 cents a piece but still can be found inexpensive, if patient.

The default sound should have been POKEY - the one thing they should have brought over from the 5200, and then it truly would have been a 2600 + 5200 system...lol.

Just like the NES (Famicom) released earlier in the 1980's (July 1983) in Japan, the 7800 should have been released in the earlier 80's as well - 1984 may have been ideal - but then again a lot is speculation.

Having an earlier release date may/could have prevented the NES from having the lock-down on third parties and likely would have resulted in more advanced games / later Arcade titles being released sooner (I.E. Midnight Mutants, Commando, etc.)

Rushed? No. Delayed? Yes. Not invested in enough? Yes. It would have been nice for game releases with similar add-on chips built into them, that was employed by Nintendo for the NES, to have made it into the 7800 library.

What are your thoughts on the Genesis and NES?
Two great systems; Rygar is my all-time favorite NES game. I chose a Genesis over an SNES back in the day. I particularly like 8th lutz comment:

"Sega Genesis was a great fit for my teenage self in December of 1992 based on my Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 background when I got the Sega Genesis. I only had the NES for one year before I got the Sega Genesis and I wasn't familiar with all the game genre's because of my Atari background with me being accustomed to Arcade style games and fast paced games. I thought RPG's were lame in 1992 because of how tedious Dragon Warrior appeared at my parent's friends house."

Almost my thoughts and actions verbatim, except I did (do) like/love certain CRPG's: Wasteland, Starflight, and also graphical adventures such as Space Quest, King's Quest, various Indy Adventures, Monkey Island, etc.

Also agree with: "I think people from the 16 bit era need the Genesis, SNES, and the Tg-16 to get the whole 16 bit era experience."

If you have never played Dracula X on the TG-16 (The SNES version pales in comparison) - you are sorely and deeply missing out on one of the greatest games of all time. Do yourself a favor, download the Ootake emulator and a BIN/CUE of 'Akumajou Dracula X Rondo of Blood'. Symphony of the Night on the Playstation is arguably the greatest CastleVania game, but this one fights for first place tooth and nail.

Highly recommend obtaining EverDrive multi-carts in addition to collecting game carts. Looking forward to the Harmony 2 for the 7800, hopefully later this year...I have the entire original NTSC 7800 library and most homebrews/hacks, but I like to perserve them and not having to wear and tear the system/cart slot...Plus it helps a heck of a lot in (beta) testing new titles.

As for real deal hardware - get the Model 1 Genesis and a top loader NES with a Composite mod. I have a mint toaster original model for nostalgic reasons. Oh, and this book is a must (I have two copies) both protected in excellent condition: "The Official Nintendo Player's Guide: A Complete Review of Over 90 Games for Your N.E.S". A true complete intact copy will include the stickers not removed. Absolutely loved the book as a kid and still do to this day.

I recommend obtaining all launch titles for the Genesis, and a fav that likely will not make everyone's (anyone's?) list include Shadow Blasters. Some others I like: Kid Chameleon, Streets of Rage (Series), Wonder Boy IV, Wonder Boy VI (Translated - Get the EverDrive multi-cart and a Model 1 Genesis with US/Japan region switch). Games that were hyped beyond belief include any of the Spiderman games, but range in fair to good in terms of quality.

On the other hand X-Men Clone Wars is still excellent (For me at least). Mutant Hockey League and Mutant League Football are two absolute must that never get old. Gauntlet IV is great too - and if you have the four-way multi-tap and three friends who are willing to play it, you can have some good times with the game. Plays well solo too - Particularly if you are a fan of the series.

I would like to know where everyone stands on all this
The 7800 has my heart - Some great homebrews and hacks have been released and more are coming. Notable original titles include the aforementioned Commando and Midnight Mutants. Impossible Mission, Alien Brigade and of course the older arcade classics. Food Fight a great arcade game that plays best here - Arguably even better than under MAME due to the Arcade analog control type not translating 100% well. I would avoid any of the flight simulator games. Avoid playing baseball and football games. Personally, I don't enjoy them too much on the 7800. Pole Position II is good though.

Ballblazer is enjoyable. Ninja Golf is an interesting one with a unique gameplay style to it. Dark Chambers should have been great, but plays like a slow/poor man's Gauntlet. Still worthy to give it a try - It can be fun for awhile. Desert Falcon, I never have been great at, not surprisingly enough, was never good at Zaxxon either, but it grew on me and is a fun ride which requires a bit more strategy once you realize you shouldn't try to fly through the level(s) quickly...lol.

Double Dragon and Kung-Fu Master are fair to ok titles, but the controls can be cumbersome. Rampage performs slightly better. Summer/Winter Games are great - especially if you like those type of games or/and have a fondness for the C64 ports of those games. Fatal Run is okay - should have been better though.

I LIKE KARATEKA. I don't care what anyone else thinks. It is not as fluid as other ports, but I find that just to give more weight to timing and strategy (And this is coming from a guy who loves fighting action to be fast and smooth usually). Still, once you get used to the mechanics and movement - it really becomes addicting.

Motor Psycho places similar to Fatal Run - Good games that should have been great games. Scrapyard Dog is fair but frustrating (At least for me). I happen to like Xenophobe very much and going to the AA store pick up at least Pac-Man Collection, Armor Attack II, Space Invaders Collection, b*nQ, Beef Drop, Fail Safe, among a slew of other available titles. Some Excellent titles to be had there.

Great to have you on board with the system!

• Like 1

I am very pleased with my system. What do you think maybe this system fun and enjoyable to collect for? Any opinions on things that could have made it better? What are your thoughts on the Genesis and NES? Doesn't it seem a little rushed? Is the library do-able in terms of collecting for? I would like to know where everyone stands on all this

Until recently, I wasn't overly enamored with the 7800. Several years ago, I bought nearly all of the original games for it and found that after eliminating the ones that sucked and the ones that made my ears bleed, there wasn't much left. But now that there's a glimmer of hope for a steady supply if high-quality, CIB homebrews for it, I'm re-evaluating. Certainly I've been enjoying Armor Attack II.

As far as what would have made it better, clearly having a Pokey chip built in would have been a much smarter decision from a hardware standpoint. From a marketing standpoint, it's just unfortunate that it got caught up in the Warner-->Tramiel transition. Maybe things could have been different if it'd been marketed strongly right after the initial test market period, rather than being shelved for so long. Maybe things would have been different if Atari had money to buy strong licenses before Nintendo got a lock on the market. I suspect it woudn't have mattered. Once SMB & Zelda & Metroid were on the market, I think the NES was going to steamroll any opposition at that point.

Genesis and NES? Nice systems, hugely popular for their time. I've owned both, and had decent libraries for both. But I don't own either now and have no desire to own them again. Most of the games for them just don't interest me much these days.

The 7800 is one of my favorite systems and certainly my favorite Atari system. I think it is a relatively good looking unit and the near 100% compatibility with atari 2600 plus the advantage of playing improved 7800 games makes it terrific. I can't speak for what it would have been like to buy the thing when it was new since I was 3 years old when it came out but going back as a retro gamer, it is a lot of fun. It has some solid enhanced editions of classic 2600 games that are well worth collecting.

It's downfall? Well, the standard controller is a monster. Fortunately, you can easily solve this with a modded controller or a eruo controller, both of which are easily available on the internet. Visually it has a lot of trouble competing with both the NES and SMS but that's a byproduct of the fact that it was ready to go in 1984.

If you're an Atari fan, the 7800 is absolutely worth checking out.

As for NES and SMS? Well, the SMS is my favorite of the 8-bit systems. The controllers are pretty mediocre but the visuals are damn impressive and it has some really fun/unique games that can't really be played anywhere else. The NES on the other hand has more decent games than the 7800 and SMS have games combined so I can't believe that you wouldn't be able to find something to play on it.

3rd gen/late 8-bit era is my favorite gaming era overall. This was the time period when classic arcade games were getting near perfect home ports and original games were really making a splash. The controllers were simple but provided enough functionality for more complex gameplay...good times. Of all my classic systems, its the trio of 7800, SMS, and NES that I never cycle out of the lineup.

What do you think maybe this system fun and enjoyable to collect for? Doesn't it seem a little rushed? Is the library do-able in terms of collecting for? Any opinions on things that could have made it better?

I believe the 7800 system is both fun and enjoyable to collect. It is also a relatively easy system to obtain the entire library for - Many games in new/mint condition may not still be O'Shea's 40 cents a piece but still can be found inexpensive, if patient.

The default sound should have been POKEY - the one thing they should have brought over from the 5200, and then it truly would have been a 2600 + 5200 system...lol.

Just like the NES (Famicom) released earlier in the 1980's (July 1983) in Japan, the 7800 should have been released in the earlier 80's as well - 1984 may have been ideal - but then again a lot is speculation.

Having an earlier release date may/could have prevented the NES from having the lock-down on third parties and likely would have resulted in more advanced games / later Arcade titles being released sooner (I.E. Midnight Mutants, Commando, etc.)

Rushed? No. Delayed? Yes. Not invested in enough? Yes. It would have been nice for game releases with similar add-on chips built into them, that was employed by Nintendo for the NES, to have made it into the 7800 library.

Two great systems; Rygar is my all-time favorite NES game. I chose a Genesis over an SNES back in the day. I particularly like 8th lutz comment:

"Sega Genesis was a great fit for my teenage self in December of 1992 based on my Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 background when I got the Sega Genesis. I only had the NES for one year before I got the Sega Genesis and I wasn't familiar with all the game genre's because of my Atari background with me being accustomed to Arcade style games and fast paced games. I thought RPG's were lame in 1992 because of how tedious Dragon Warrior appeared at my parent's friends house."

Almost my thoughts and actions verbatim, except I did (do) like/love certain CRPG's: Wasteland, Starflight, and also graphical adventures such as Space Quest, King's Quest, various Indy Adventures, Monkey Island, etc.

Also agree with: "I think people from the 16 bit era need the Genesis, SNES, and the Tg-16 to get the whole 16 bit era experience."

If you have never played Dracula X on the TG-16 (The SNES version pales in comparison) - you are sorely and deeply missing out on one of the greatest games of all time. Do yourself a favor, download the Ootake emulator and a BIN/CUE of 'Akumajou Dracula X Rondo of Blood'. Symphony of the Night on the Playstation is arguably the greatest CastleVania game, but this one fights for first place tooth and nail.

Highly recommend obtaining EverDrive multi-carts in addition to collecting game carts. Looking forward to the Harmony 2 for the 7800, hopefully later this year...I have the entire original NTSC 7800 library and most homebrews/hacks, but I like to perserve them and not having to wear and tear the system/cart slot...Plus it helps a heck of a lot in (beta) testing new titles.

As for real deal hardware - get the Model 1 Genesis and a top loader NES with a Composite mod. I have a mint toaster original model for nostalgic reasons. Oh, and this book is a must (I have two copies) both protected in excellent condition: "The Official Nintendo Player's Guide: A Complete Review of Over 90 Games for Your N.E.S". A true complete intact copy will include the stickers not removed. Absolutely loved the book as a kid and still do to this day.

I recommend obtaining all launch titles for the Genesis, and a fav that likely will not make everyone's (anyone's?) list include Shadow Blasters. Some others I like: Kid Chameleon, Streets of Rage (Series), Wonder Boy IV, Wonder Boy VI (Translated - Get the EverDrive multi-cart and a Model 1 Genesis with US/Japan region switch). Games that were hyped beyond belief include any of the Spiderman games, but range in fair to good in terms of quality.

On the other hand X-Men Clone Wars is still excellent (For me at least). Mutant Hockey League and Mutant League Football are two absolute must that never get old. Gauntlet IV is great too - and if you have the four-way multi-tap and three friends who are willing to play it, you can have some good times with the game. Plays well solo too - Particularly if you are a fan of the series.

The 7800 has my heart - Some great homebrews and hacks have been released and more are coming. Notable original titles include the aforementioned Commando and Midnight Mutants. Impossible Mission, Alien Brigade and of course the older arcade classics. Food Fight a great arcade game that plays best here - Arguably even better than under MAME due to the Arcade analog control type not translating 100% well. I would avoid any of the flight simulator games. Avoid playing baseball and football games. Personally, I don't enjoy them too much on the 7800. Pole Position II is good though.

Ballblazer is enjoyable. Ninja Golf is an interesting one with a unique gameplay style to it. Dark Chambers should have been great, but plays like a slow/poor man's Gauntlet. Still worthy to give it a try - It can be fun for awhile. Desert Falcon, I never have been great at, not surprisingly enough, was never good at Zaxxon either, but it grew on me and is a fun ride which requires a bit more strategy once you realize you shouldn't try to fly through the level(s) quickly...lol.

Double Dragon and Kung-Fu Master are fair to ok titles, but the controls can be cumbersome. Rampage performs slightly better. Summer/Winter Games are great - especially if you like those type of games or/and have a fondness for the C64 ports of those games. Fatal Run is okay - should have been better though.

I LIKE KARATEKA. I don't care what anyone else thinks. It is not as fluid as other ports, but I find that just to give more weight to timing and strategy (And this is coming from a guy who loves fighting action to be fast and smooth usually). Still, once you get used to the mechanics and movement - it really becomes addicting.

Motor Psycho places similar to Fatal Run - Good games that should have been great games. Scrapyard Dog is fair but frustrating (At least for me). I happen to like Xenophobe very much and going to the AA store pick up at least Pac-Man Collection, Armor Attack II, Space Invaders Collection, b*nQ, Beef Drop, Fail Safe, among a slew of other available titles. Some Excellent titles to be had there.

This is the sort of reply I was looking for! Thanks by the way! I have a lot to say about it too, since I own one and all that. I feel the library is limited, and it appears hard to spend money on games that last like 1 minute, I catch myself playing my flashback more and of course my Genesis. I have difficulty in selecting titles that seem like they are worth it. I would also like some suggested games, please list as much as possible that are playable and redeeming for the 7800.

The 7800 is one of my favorite systems and certainly my favorite Atari system. I think it is a relatively good looking unit and the near 100% compatibility with atari 2600 plus the advantage of playing improved 7800 games makes it terrific. I can't speak for what it would have been like to buy the thing when it was new since I was 3 years old when it came out but going back as a retro gamer, it is a lot of fun. It has some solid enhanced editions of classic 2600 games that are well worth collecting.

It's downfall? Well, the standard controller is a monster. Fortunately, you can easily solve this with a modded controller or a eruo controller, both of which are easily available on the internet. Visually it has a lot of trouble competing with both the NES and SMS but that's a byproduct of the fact that it was ready to go in 1984.

If you're an Atari fan, the 7800 is absolutely worth checking out.

As for NES and SMS? Well, the SMS is my favorite of the 8-bit systems. The controllers are pretty mediocre but the visuals are damn impressive and it has some really fun/unique games that can't really be played anywhere else. The NES on the other hand has more decent games than the 7800 and SMS have games combined so I can't believe that you wouldn't be able to find something to play on it.

3rd gen/late 8-bit era is my favorite gaming era overall. This was the time period when classic arcade games were getting near perfect home ports and original games were really making a splash. The controllers were simple but provided enough functionality for more complex gameplay...good times. Of all my classic systems, its the trio of 7800, SMS, and NES that I never cycle out of the lineup.

It was put in storage for 2 years if I am not mistaken. I am a huge Atari fan, hence my joining of such a forum. I have a limited collection, my expansive collection is in the Dreamcast library.

Yeah I have played most of those games, I feel lame for playing my Flashback so much. Xenophobe, I had that with the box. Fatal Run was very fun. I have Star Raiders and Vanguard. What can you tell me about those titles? Ballblazer! I am so happy I found this site to talk with fellow Atari collectors!:)

Thanks for the brilliant reply! I appreciate it. I love the Genesis so much, it had terrific games,a was innovative and imaginative, I try my best to dig deep into the library to see what I can find. I want to eventually get my hands on a turbo grafax 16. I am not sure what a fair price for it would be or if it is hard to collect for. RPG's were really never my thing either, later on in life i came to truly appreciate them for what they were. The NES and SNES were very important at the time and even today they hold up well. I played a bunch of the classics for both consoles, though some of the games are unplayable or broken. The SNES really perfected the 16 bit era. Though I really enjoyed the Genesis as well. So you are a fan of all systems mentioned? What were some stand-out titles for you? I love my Genesis with a passion, just so much fun. It was sad to see Atari couldn't head into that direction. I wonder why. I am not sure if the later systems, like Saturn and Dreamcast apply here, though I must say they both were pretty impressive by my standards.

I can tell you that TG-16 stuff isn't the easiest to find in the wild. My regret isn't having the CD part of the system yet. The first Tg-16 games I bought were from the wild though in 2006 or 2007. While I have 49 Tg-16 games, over 60 percent of my collection is from the internet. The peak of finding TG-16 games in the wild was back when TG-16 could be bought brand new in stores in terms of a flea market standpoint despite the fact you could find more SNES, Genesis and NES games at a flea market at the time.

Tg-16 games are getting more expensive than when I bought the system in 2006 or 2007. My advice of getting a TG-16 is don't go my route and get a Pc Engine Duo R. I am saying that because the TG-16 isn't region free and it doesn't come with the CD player for playing Turbo CD games although you can use the attachment that has reliability problems.

Pc Engine Duo R is expensive as a system, but it is more reliable than the Turbo Duo. The Disc part of the Pc Engine Duo R is region free. While you need a mod on a Pc Engine Duo R to play American Tg-16 Hu Card games, The Japanese library of the TG-16 in Hu-cards is bigger than North America Hu-card game library is.

I can tell you some of my favorite games From the North American game library of the TG-16 Hu-cards includes Aero Blasters, Air Zonk, Blazing Lasers, Bloody Wolf, Bomberman'93, Bonk's Revenge, Chew Man-Fu,Dead Moon, Devil's Crush,Galaga'90, Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu, Legendary Axe, Ninja Spirit, Parasol Stars, and R-Type.

I am fan of the systems I mentioned in terms of the TG-16, SNES, NES, SMS, 2600 and 7800. I own a lot of systems, but not every system. The Dreamcast and the Saturn were great systems in my view.

Some of my favorite Stand-out titles for the Genesis are Shinobi III, Gunster Heroes, Alien Soldier, Ristar, Beyond Oasis, Crusader of Centy, M.U.S.H.A, Quackshot, Landstalker, X men 2: Clone Wars, Castlevania Bloodlines, Pulseman, Elemental Master, Mega Bomberman, Thunder Force III, Mutant League Football, and Wonder Boy in Monster World. I actually can list even more Genesis that stood out to me. Pulseman and Alien Soldier are games that I bought as Reproductions.

I can tell you that TG-16 stuff isn't the easiest to find in the wild. My regret isn't having the CD part of the system yet. The first Tg-16 games I bought were from the wild though in 2006 or 2007. While I have 49 Tg-16 games, over 60 percent of my collection is from the internet. The peak of finding TG-16 games in the wild was back when TG-16 could be bought brand new in stores in terms of a flea market standpoint despite the fact you could find more SNES, Genesis and NES games at a flea market at the time.

Tg-16 games are getting more expensive than when I bought the system in 2006 or 2007. My advice of getting a TG-16 is don't go my route and get a Pc Engine Duo R. I am saying that because the TG-16 isn't region free and it doesn't come with the CD player for playing Turbo CD games although you can use the attachment that has reliability problems.

Pc Engine Duo R is expensive as a system, but it is more reliable than the Turbo Duo. The Disc part of the Pc Engine Duo R is region free. While you need a mod on a Pc Engine Duo R to play American Tg-16 Hu Card games, The Japanese library of the TG-16 in Hu-cards is bigger than North America Hu-card game library is.

I can tell you some of my favorite games From the North American game library of the TG-16 Hu-cards includes Aero Blasters, Air Zonk, Blazing Lasers, Bloody Wolf, Bomberman'93, Bonk's Revenge, Chew Man-Fu,Dead Moon, Devil's Crush,Galaga'90, Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu, Legendary Axe, Ninja Spirit, Parasol Stars, and R-Type.

I am fan of the systems I mentioned in terms of the TG-16, SNES, NES, SMS, 2600 and 7800. I own a lot of systems, but not every system. The Dreamcast and the Saturn were great systems in my view.

Some of my favorite Stand-out titles for the Genesis are Shinobi III, Gunster Heroes, Alien Soldier, Ristar, Beyond Oasis, Crusader of Centy, M.U.S.H.A, Quackshot, Landstalker, X men 2: Clone Wars, Castlevania Bloodlines, Pulseman, Elemental Master, Mega Bomberman, Thunder Force III, Mutant League Football, and Wonder Boy in Monster World. I actually can list even more Genesis that stood out to me. Pulseman and Alien Soldier are games that I bought as Reproductions.

Of course! I have several systems as well. I love my Dreamcast, and I am in the works of obtaining a Saturn and a SMS. The TG-16 is on my list as well. I have noticed it is hard to find and I wonder if I can ever find one. The Genesis just had amazing games, I need to add to my collection more games from the Genesis. Are those easily found in the wild as you mentioned?

Of course! I have several systems as well. I love my Dreamcast, and I am in the works of obtaining a Saturn and a SMS. The TG-16 is on my list as well. I have noticed it is hard to find and I wonder if I can ever find one. The Genesis just had amazing games, I need to add to my collection more games from the Genesis. Are those easily found in the wild as you mentioned?

From where I live, Genesis Games still can be found in the wild. Some of the Sega Genesis games I mention like Crusader of Centy are not. I got Crusader of Centy from a Funcoland Store in Mall of America in 1997 when I took a trip to Minnesota. Sports games for the Genesis are easy to find in the wild. Some of the common games are also.

I can tell you that the Sega Saturn isn't cheap in terms of games. My younger brother got into the Saturn in 2000. Games were easier to find outside of the Internet at the time. Around 2001 to 2003, Saturn Games were starting to be hard to find used without going on the Internet. It started with Gamestop buying out Funcoland. Although I don't read Japanese, a good amount of great Saturn games were Japan only and were great games despite not being cheap.

I own a SMS since 2000 and I can tell you that some SMS stuff you need the internet to buy them. A lot of the games in the SMS game Library were not released in North American, but in Europe and Brazil. A lot of the Brazil games for the SMS are not cheap. SMS games that were released in Europe are cheaper.

I haven't seen a lot of SMS games in the wild for a very long time. I managed to get used games in used game stores for the SMS. The peak of seeing Sega Master System games were I live in Flea Markets was in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

Edited by 8th lutz

From where I live, Genesis Games still can be found in the wild. Some of the Sega Genesis games I mention like Crusader of Centy are not. I got Crusader of Centy from a Funcoland Store in Mall of America in 1997 when I took a trip to Minnesota. Sports games for the Genesis are easy to find in the wild. Some of the common games are also.

I can tell you that the Sega Saturn isn't cheap in terms of games. My younger brother got into the Saturn in 2000. Games were easier to find outside of the Internet at the time. Around 2001 to 2003, Saturn Games were starting to be hard to find used without going on the Internet. It started with Gamestop buying out Funcoland. Although I don't read Japanese, a good amount of great Saturn games were Japan only and were great games despite not being cheap.

I own a SMS since 2000 and I can tell you that some SMS stuff you need the internet to buy them. A lot of the games in the SMS game Library were not released in North American, but in Europe and Brazil. A lot of the Brazil games for the SMS are not cheap. SMS games that were released in Europe are cheaper.

I haven't seen a lot of SMS games in the wild for a very long time. I managed to get used games in used game stores for the SMS. The peak of seeing Sega Master System games were I live in Flea Markets was in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

I really need to locate a good flea market in my area. So many consoles to collect for so little time. Thanks for the help!