IGNORED

untitled WIP helicopter game

atari2600land

When I get an idea in my head, it's best to implement it right away or else I might forget it. That being said, the code is kind of sloppy, and I'll clean it up because I want the final game to fit in 2k. The object is to get the highest score possible. You fly a helicopter. You can move it up or down. You must avoid the cloud and the crow in the final version. This one has no collision detection yet. You get a point each time a cloud begins and ends and each time the crow passes by. Yes, I want someone to redesign the flying crow because I can't draw, however I think I made a cool helicopter. If you want to make a better crow, keep in mind that there's 3 frames of animation. Yes, I know I made a previous game about flying a helicopter, but I made this one different than that other one. Press fire to start the game. I also need a title. Suggestions about title, gameplay, etc. are much appreciated.

post-9475-0-21937000-1379147829_thumb.png

cloudavoider1a.bas.bin

cloudavoider1a.bas

Edited by atari2600land

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it seems (or should I say it is) very unfinished... for one thing the game feels to slow for me. (Are you going to make it faster as the game goes along?) I think the crow should make a sound and change visually when its hit. (As in having it explode or it falling of the screen. One last thing I dislike is how the game just freezes when you lose. But big trees from little acorns grow and I hope that this can turn into a fun 2600 game. :)