IGNORED

7800 at used video game store

atari2600land

Assuming they're common loose games, its not a bad price. Not great but not terrible. Does it come with all hookups and controllers, which, if they're the proline sticks might either be broken, partially broken, or you'll wish they were broken. If you do take the plunge see if you can try it out, test all the buttons on the console because they can be a common failure point.

• Like 1

There are lots of carts alone worth 25-50 each so would have to know what games. But if everything is there all complete and all is tested and works then I would go for it.. I bought mine in box, four controllers 10 or so games and the plastic was still on the 7800 trim on the console for 40 bucks about 8 or so years ago.

Edited by Jinks

Sounds like it's just the console. In that case I'd say it's too much.

I grabbed a 7800 recently from a store and it was priced at $20. (In the same buy I bought a boxed 400, and the price put on that was $15).

It's also important to know if the power supply is included. It's unique and not something you can readily use something else with. The 7800 I bought was the console and power supply only, no box or anything else.

Wow..

I was going to say that price sounds a bit high, but a quick check on e-bay (I know, it's not the reference, but..) shows prices seem to have gone up since I got mine..

Mine was about $25 I think, for the system, PSU and a few games (mostly 2600, maybe 10 total).. It's been a while so I don't remember the specifics.. When did the CC2 come out? That's about when I got my 7800.. ;-)

There are several untested for under $30, but tested seem to start higher and then there's shipping on those...

Personally, I love my 7800. 2600 and 7800 game compatibility!

As has been mentioned, you'll want the power cord. It's non standard.

A drawback of the 7800 is that it's RF only... The RF wasn't bad for RF, but.. ;-)

I modded mine for composite and that works great for me...

If you like pads, you'll probably want the Europads (or a modded NES pad or ??). I'm not a fan of the Prolines.

Good luck..

desiv

I went ahead and bought it. It came with a power cord. It also came with three games: Pole Position II, Joust and Asteroids. I'm not a fan of the joystick, which I think is probably a Proline, since it looks like a 5200 controller without a keypad and says "ATARI" on it. But the system works, so I'm happy. I spent the most time on Pole Position II and actually finished track 1 with a score of 70200.

Good call!

Hey, if you want some more 7800 games, let me know...

I have some spares I can give you..

Since I work in Salem, I can just bring them to work someday..

PM me if you're interested..

I'd keep an eye open for the Europads and/or a modded stick...

(I wonder if anyone will have any at the PRGE? Not sure I will make that this year.. Probably not..)

Although I have seen some people who seem to like the Prolines, so maybe they aren't as bad as I feel they are.. ;-)

desiv

(p.s. You might want to keep your eye on the H2 thread also. I love my CC2, and I read that the H2 will be great.)

That sounds like a great price to me. ePay and Amazon fleecers have pushed the hardware up into the $80 range. Often without a game!

I paid a lot more than that for mine but got it from Best and it was modded, so I'll live. This console is my main machine for Atari gaming since it boasts such great BC with the 2600.

Hope you enjoy it even with the awful proline controllers. A modded controller is an essential 7800 purchase imo

Either that or the gamepad. The two buttons can be a bit busted (they damage the rubber domes behind, so you better open the pad and put a piece of thin cardboard between them) but otherwise it works grat. I use them for 2600 games too, except the rare ones that feel better with a 2600 joystick.