IGNORED

Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns for Intellivision

BBWW

Hmm... My Atari 2600 Pitfall II box has no controller pictured on the back. But, as you know, errors do happen, as on the back of the Congo Bongo box for Intellivision.

http://intvfunhouse.com/sega/box/congobongo-back.jpg

I'm thinking the guy's confused. If it's a loose cart, it's possible he's confused a C64 cart with an Intellivision one. They're pretty close in size, IIRC.

After a long and involved exchange I bought the item, was then emailed that indeed it was a Commodore 64 Cart. Money is being refunded but tied up in Paypal limbo so they can make a few cents in interest. It would have been a very cool find. I was told he played it often on the Intellivision, one of his favorite games. It was bundled with 43 other games all Intellivision games, along with a system and Intellivoice.

• 9 years later...
13 hours ago, RetroAl said:

Cripes, maybe I did.  I blame this on covid brain.  🤪

As far as I understand, the new Pitfall II homebrew game was revealed two weeks ago during Portland Retro Gaming Expo. If your memories go back further in time than two weeks, likely it wasn't the game Rev mentions.

If you guys are talking about it, I have to plug this PRGE video here.....it's a VERY smooth playing game!  I've done a couple other IR PRGE releases, and hope to do more like this VERY soon!  Cheers! 👍

FYI:  I missed adding 2 photos when I was editing this video, so when you notice.....I know....sorry, my bad. LOL

• Like 3

On 10/29/2022 at 6:27 AM, carlsson said:

As far as I understand, the new Pitfall II homebrew game was revealed two weeks ago during Portland Retro Gaming Expo. If your memories go back further in time than two weeks, likely it wasn't the game Rev mentions.

This memory goes back quite a but further than 2 weeks.  I'm not sure what version I played but I'm certain I did, just probably not on the intellivision.