IGNORED

Need help with 2600 adapter

Serious

I recently acquired a CIB 2600 adapter for my 5200.

I have tried using it on my 2-port 5200, but the console doesn't output any audio or video when the adapter is plugged in. When I remove the adapter and insert a 5200 cartridge, everything is working fine.

The seller says it was working on his 4-port 5200.

My 5200 is S-Video modded.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Would the S-Video mod make my console incompatible?

I have tried using it on my 2-port 5200, but the console doesn't output any audio or video when the adapter is plugged in. When I remove the adapter and insert a 5200 cartridge, everything is working fine.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Would the S-Video mod make my console incompatible?

Unless the person that modded your 5200 system took into account the 2600 adapter than it won't work on your modded 5200. Most modders forget about the 2600 adapter so it is RF output only with that. Assuming that RF wasn't disabled during the mod. Your 2600 adapter is likely fine.

Mitch

From what I been hearing the S-Video mod doesn't work with the 2600 adapter.

The 2600 adapter outputs composite video through the cartridge port which then gets fed into the RF modulator, so it's no wonder that the 2600 adapter doesn't work. What you could do is mod the adapter for S-video and then just swap S-video and audio cables between that and the 5200.

Edited by ApolloBoy