IGNORED

Is it OK to switch to semicolons instead of using REMs?

Random Terrain

Since everyone should be using this version of batari Basic, is it OK to use semicolons instead of REMs in example programs? If anyone pops up saying that an example program doesn't work, it would be a good opportunity to let them know that their version of bB needs to be updated.

It's okay with me, but *I* don't make the rules for your batari Basic site-- *you* do! :)

Personally, I still tend to use rem in lines of batari Basic code-- at least at the top of the program or before a routine where I'm commenting about something-- but semicolons if I add a comment in the second half of a line after some batari Basic code, or when I'm temporarily "commenting out" a line of code, and of course in lines of inline assembly code.

As far as "commenting out" a line, programmers sometimes refer to the character used, especially in a language or OS where the pound sign (AKA the number sign) is used for remarks, where it's often referred to as "pounding out" a line of code-- although it's also called the hash symbol, and "hashing out" a line sort of works, too. "Remming out" a line of code sounds okay, too. I can't bring myself to say "semicoloning out" a line, but maybe we could call it "giving a line a semicolonoscopy." (Ewww!)

• Like 1