IGNORED

Wouldnt it be cool to have a Baby Pac Man adaptation?

lucifershalo

You know, it doesn't seem all that 'impossible' if I take the 'CrazyBrix' engine and the updated 'Ms. Pac-Man' engine and combine them... :ponder:

Obvoiusly Crazy Brix would need the most changing...

I would need access to all of the 'rules' of the pinball part (i.e. energizers, speed, fruit, bonus lives, scoring, etc.) I can do searches for that if I decide to do this down the road.

• Like 7

So, the only real info we don't seem to have directly is how much the targets, etc., are in scoring for the Baby Board. If PMP wants to do this one, he's definitely got enough to start with. It would definitely be a unique entry for the 7800 lineup. I think this one may require some ponying up of funds in advance, though. :)

• 1 year later...

Bob's going to make the Baby PacMan game SO accurate, it will randomly freeze going between the maze and pinball sections, just like the real thing! :)

Anywho, will be an interesting project, and fill the infamous 'never been done' niche for the home conversion. Warning to all, though, Baby Pac is an INSANELY frustrating game. Ghost behavior is VERY different, and can result in some very very fast games if you don't know what's up.

(The ghosts and change direction at ANY intersection, and double-back. So if are 'chasing' a ghost and hit an L-turn, it will very likely double-back rather than follow the L and just kill you. This alone really ramps up the difficulty of the game.)

Anywho, will be an interesting project, and fill the infamous 'never been done' niche for the home conversion. Warning to all, though, Baby Pac is an INSANELY frustrating game. Ghost behavior is VERY different, and can result in some very very fast games if you don't know what's up.

(The ghosts and change direction at ANY intersection, and double-back. So if are 'chasing' a ghost and hit an L-turn, it will very likely double-back rather than follow the L and just kill you. This alone really ramps up the difficulty of the game.)

Wishful thinking, or why did you bump a two year old thread? LOL

Sure if there is any details anyone needs I can pop the glass and do a switch by switch scoring data analysis.

Baby Pac is very fun but hard because the ghosts can "see" through the walls at you at all times, so they swarm you much more than any other pac man. If you add the fact that you have no power pellets and have to earn them in pinball, and that the center gutter is huge on the pinball, you get one really tough game. It is that reason I love it so much. I don't like to own games I can finish easily, but ones that I have to struggle with.

If any of you Texas or south people ever want to have a get together I offer my party center and all the games are always on free play there.

You can try out baby for yourself ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you Texas or south people ever want to have a get together I offer my party center and all the games are always on free play there.

You can try out baby for yourself ha ha.

What town? I live in Shreveport, NW corner of Louisiana. There was a Baby Pac on display at the Texas Pinball festival I attended in Plano 2014, but unfortunately it was non-operational and I didn't get to play. I can get to Dallas or Ft Worth or so for a day trip, but if you're out in Austin or Houston or somewhere, that's too far for me to drive without booking a room.

@Bob: I just wanted to make a suggestion: maybe you can tweak the Baby Pac engine to use closer spacing on the flippers and standard Mrs Pacman ghost behavior. I understand a lot of arcade machines were quarter gobblers, but there's no reason for a home console port to be that way. I love Pinball Sims and I have an extensive collection of Pinball themed video games across many consoles. I would love to play this for the 7800. I'm assuming the control scheme is right/left fire for the flippers and joystick for Pacman, yes? That would make the most sense based on the controller design.

Edited by stardust4ever

Stardust, we are located in Corpus Christi TX.

If you, or any of you folks, are ever down here I invite you over to our little store and party center.

Www.playagaincvg.com

We got a few nice games, Japanese crazy climber, Mario bros, Mario bros pinball, Mario mushroom world pin, alien syndrome dedicated, magical truck adventure, play choice 10 etc

Oh and the baby Pac works pretty good and is a lot of fun to play.

If info is needed for the 7800 game, I will be happy to help out with info or pics or allow anyone here to play it to their hearts content.

Sorry if I went off topic too much.

Stardust, we are located in Corpus Christi TX.

If you, or any of you folks, are ever down here I invite you over to our little store and party center.

Www.playagaincvg.com

We got a few nice games, Japanese crazy climber, Mario bros, Mario bros pinball, Mario mushroom world pin, alien syndrome dedicated, magical truck adventure, play choice 10 etc

Oh and the baby Pac works pretty good and is a lot of fun to play.

If info is needed for the 7800 game, I will be happy to help out with info or pics or allow anyone here to play it to their hearts content.

Sorry if I went off topic too much.

Hey thanks man. I'm not currently planning a trip, but it would be awesome to get away for a bit.

Definitely help PMP with the scoring. I've never played a homebrew pinball game before so hopefully he gets the physics engine spot on. It will definitely be a day one purchase for me as I collect pinball games.

Is Baby Pac available for PinMAME? I've heard PinMAME is a PITA to set up, and it probably won't work on my Rasbi Pi 2.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237987-mame-options-for-pacman/

Wow, this emulation video is "pants..." :P

https://youtube.com/watch?v=n_AwK1S_kfk

Edited by stardust4ever