IGNORED

the proline joystick bad lot of dome switch metal?

bohoki

first off never have had a 7800 unlikely i will

i went to the dump yesterday and saw one of the 7800 sticks and grabbed it took it home and it didnt work of course i took it apart and every dome switch was shattered the buttons the directions all of them cracked and broken

i had a couple 2600 stick boards and took the little domes out and slid them under the tape of the 7800 boards and it works now but ive never seen such a thing ive been through countless 2600 sticks and have seen bent /limp and weak dome switchs but never all of them completely pulverized

is this a known issue with 7800 sticks also on my 2600 both fire buttons fire i thought they were separate?

I've seen this sort of damage before. Maybe not as extreme as you describe, but yes, I've had the domes crack on my Pro-Lines. Being a cheapskate, this is what got me started installing microswitches in my joysticks. I won't put up with the domes anymore.

The two buttons can perform separate functions on 7800 games that recognize them. Otherwise both buttons just behave like the single fire button on a CX-40 joystick.