IGNORED

pfheight=0 Works with Sprites Now? (Multi-sprite Kernel)

Gemintronic

It is written in the Holy Book of Zorgg:

A pfheight of zero will actually give a vertical resolution of around 88 rows. However, it doesn't work properly when sprites are on the screen, so it's probably only useful for static displays like title screens. The setting that will give the highest resolution for general-purpose use is pfheight=1.

..and yet look at THIS:

post-13304-0-63425300-1383165232_thumb.png

lbms002.bin

lbms002.bas

Is this actually going over cycle or are sprites actually working with pfheight=0 and screenheight=88 now?

Notice also I'm using a ROM saving trick of not fully populating the playfield data and using the reflected artifacts to my advantage!

UPDATE: Forgot the ROM. Sorry!

Okay. This is HORRIBLE!!

My newest version includes a 2 color meta sprite using player0 and virtual player2

I'm used to manually correcting the placement of sprites when player0 and real player1 overlap. However, NOW the sprite coordinates are going plum loco!!

Press fire to move the meta sprite downward and watch the chaos!!!

WTF is happening,guys?

I haven't done much with pfheights=0 lately, but if I remember correctly it does cause some glitchy behavior with the sprites-- and/or the sprites might cause glitches in the playfield-- which is probably what was meant that "it doesn't work properly when sprites are on the screen." But I don't remember if that was with the standard kernel, multisprite kernel, or both. I see you're using the multisprite kernel, which is a little glitchy in itself. :) I don't know if any of the old glitches were ever fixed.

• Like 1