IGNORED

Mr. Do's Castle - Atari 400/800/XL/XE on ebay

AtariLeaf

So I finally got around to listing that loose Mr. Do's Castle.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3310589369721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=331058936972&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's US and Canada only BUT if someone who's a member in good standing here at Atariage who's overseas and interested, PM me with your ebay username and, I think, there's a way to add certain approved bidders (but you may have to run me through the process) :D

I advertised free shipping but that's for us and canada so if you are overseas please be aware there MAY be some additional charges if shipping is something crazy.

Edited by AtariLeaf

• 1 month later...

i'm surprised. I glad I picked mine up way before ebay inflation. I thought it would have needed the box and manual to fetch that price

I've never heard of or seen a box for this title. Do you have one? I've *read* that PB Canada released a few copies in plastic bags with photocopied instructions, but I've never seen these, either. I acquired both of my carts well over a decade ago -- both were in mixed A8 lots from sellers in western Canada.

I've never heard of or seen a box for this title. Do you have one? I've *read* that PB Canada released a few copies in plastic bags with photocopied instructions, but I've never seen these, either. I acquired both of my carts well over a decade ago -- both were in mixed A8 lots from sellers in western Canada.

Don't know about that, but I'm not Canadian. It was definitely sold in a box with a manual...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/198847-mr-dos-castle-owners-list/?do=findComment&comment=2833834

Don't know about that, but I'm not Canadian. It was definitely sold in a box with a manual...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/198847-mr-dos-castle-owners-list/?do=findComment&comment=2833834

Thanks for the link! I forgot all about that old thread.

That's an incredible find and certainly puts to rest years of pointless speculation about the commercial release of the game. This is the only boxed copy I've ever seen, anywhere, and it would be worth a mint if the A8 scene was more active. It certainly seems correct that this was a PB Canada exclusive, as the instructions are bilingual and the game is NTSC.

That's an incredible find and certainly puts to rest years of pointless speculation about the commercial release of the game. This is the only boxed copy I've ever seen, anywhere, and it would be worth a mint if the A8 scene was more active.

It's definitely a rare one, but there's a few floating around. I'm almost positive I've seen at least one other person on these forums post a picture of that box before.

It certainly seems correct that this was a PB Canada exclusive, as the instructions are bilingual and the game is NTSC.

That fact has never been in question, as far as I know. The only MDC cartridges that have been found in the U.S. are prototypes.

It's definitely a rare one, but there's a few floating around. I'm almost positive I've seen at least one other person on these forums post a picture of that box before.

Do you mean that that box has traded hands here? Or that there are different boxed copies floating around? I'd expect that Arnaud at least would have had one (or perhaps he does have one, but that wasn't in his photo), and this suggests to me that it's extremely rare. Then again, a number of the biggest collectors (with the deepest pockets) aren't active here and won't verify their holdings. Maybe one of them has a boxed copy.

That fact has never been in question, as far as I know. The only MDC cartridges that have been found in the U.S. are prototypes.

I didn't think that there were any differences between cartridges found in Canada and the U.S -- all have that same, small b&w label. You'll note that this is the same even in that boxed copy. I have three other (legit) PB protos for the A8, and they look nothing like our copies of Mr. Do's Castle.

Do you mean that that box has traded hands here? Or that there are different boxed copies floating around? I'd expect that Arnaud at least would have had one (or perhaps he does have one, but that wasn't in his photo), and this suggests to me that it's extremely rare. Then again, a number of the biggest collectors (with the deepest pockets) aren't active here and won't verify their holdings. Maybe one of them has a boxed copy.

When I said I'd seen "that box" before, I was referring to the Canadian retail box in general, not that particular example. I'm certain there's more than one copy out there, though there aren't very many for sure.

Oddly enough, I think I've seen more copies of the Canadian cartridge release over the years than the American diskette release (which was an Atari/C64 flip disk in a jacket, just like Montezuma's Revenge). I know there are a few copies in the hands of collectors, but I've never seen a complete copy actually offered for sale anywhere (and I've been looking for a long time). A loose disk was just sold on eBay a week or so ago...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2613460835741?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261346083574&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I didn't think that there were any differences between cartridges found in Canada and the U.S -- all have that same, small b&w label. You'll note that this is the same even in that boxed copy. I have three other (legit) PB protos for the A8, and they look nothing like our copies of Mr. Do's Castle.

That's exactly my point...all those examples with that particular label are retail copies that were originally sold in Canada. A few prototypes of MDC have turned up here in the U.S., but they have a simple dot-matrix printed sticker ("Atari 400 Mr. Do RLS.1") like other PB protos.