IGNORED

Commando game repro for A7800

santosp

Yeah, a release such as this is kind of befuddling. I was excited at first because I thought someone had re-worked the effects and music by including a Pokey chip, but... nope, game was already designed with one! :lol:

So really, you're getting a neat looking label, ability to switch between PAL and NTSC and game PCB produced using modern materials. That's all fine and dandy, but when it comes down to it, why was *this* particular game chosen for the extra special level of ambition and care? There must be some real die-hard 7800 Commando fans in the world. :)

• Like 1

If the cart's pokey could be hacked with the A8's recent & redone pokey tune - then i would gladly purchase a copy!

Permissions of course are provisional...

The mp3 version from the Atari 8 bit - sap version

commando - redux.mp3

Edited by Magic Knight
  • Like 1

Dear Magic Knight, honestly I don't know if this is possible. But just out of respect to 6 members who have already purchased this cartridge, not intend to do that.

I would be happy to see someone else to do an implementation with this add-on feature.

Thanks for the awesome tune. :)

Edited by santosp

My point on P/N operation is for the case who need to sell it in the future. With this way will have more opportunities. Also dont forget cause this cart is limited to few pieces only, so some time in the future -and why not in the present- ιt can be termed rare. :)

You know I not have a factory nor the time to make those by the dozen! :P :D :D

Panos - I'm not sure why you are getting the cart critics out or why they are not getting the point. Simply, Panos is offering a cart with improved PCB, function(Pal-NTSC), and cart art. Now, from my what I can tell he is not making anyone buy this cart, it is entirely up to whoever has the money to spend. Not one of the critics from what I can see here have developed any software or hardware here, so not sure if they can speak to Panos with any experience in producing items, pricing it, and selling it. If you are not interested in the cart then be on your way in peace.

• Like 3

My point on P/N operation is for the case who need to sell it in the future. With this way will have more opportunities. Also dont forget cause this cart is limited to few pieces only, so some time in the future -and why not in the present- ιt can be termed rare. :)

You know I not have a factory nor the time to make those by the dozen! :P :D :D

ok makes sense.

Is that how the cart works? i.e. provides space for two roms and via the button allows one to select between rom A and rom b?

Hopefully my comments are not seen as negative, as they are not meant as such. In fact I'm one of the folks that bought one :)

@grisp03

Hey... I try to respond in friendly and humor spirit Dave. :thumbsup: Of course and not seen something of your spoken as negative. :thumbsup:

@Firedawg

Yes this is obvious! But what can I do if someone not see this, except to dealing with fun? ;-)

@AtariFriend

Have you developed something in the past? Except the funny icons. :P

santosp,

Your professionalism, response, and attitude just earned another sale from a customer who has a near mint boxed copy of NTSC Commando. There are some people that could have very well reproduced a Commando cart (Or any other title), copied an original label and placed it for sale on e-bay as a mint original.

Although they would be over paying, someone would have come along and purchased it. As noted, Commando has sold for $60 and some have sold for far less. You could have taken a rare game like Tank Command and charge a very high markup knowing it too will sell. There are some unscrupulous people like that.

But you are honest and fair. Completely upfront of exactly what it is you are offering and also gave all credit to those who contributed directly and indirectly. Not that you had to, but you also provided a complete explanation as to why the item is being sold for the set amount.

For the work you have put into this, the support and attitude you have behind the product and perhaps with the encouragement to continue being an asset to the 7800 community, I’m in. I also see it as a way of supporting the efforts of KevinMos3 who has done a heck of a job with the repro label. And I get a SWEET looking (inside and out), dual region, new Commando reproduction cart.

The 7800 is not exactly the NES in popularity, so whether I am in need or interested in the product (Or even able to purchase it), I am glad to have one offered and the complete openness of its origin and background, in addition to your positive vibe towards the 7800 community and user base. You’re doing a hell of a job at communicating in a language that is not your native tongue as well. PM sent.

• Like 5

I was tempted early by Panos' offer, but with 2 Commando carts (one in not very good condition) I was going to pass. But now, after reading Trebor post I feel compelled to do in kind and support Panos efforts. Maybe I will put one of the originals on eBay for a $10 buy it now. Count me for one if they are still available, as I know there were limited quantities.

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 2

Making this PCB will help for some future homebrews to bridge the gap for those without the XM module.

512k with POKEY is a very nice PCB to have as an option to purchase without crushing a Commando cart.

The tech behind this project is very impressive, I personally was just confused as to why use it with an

off the shelf game. To each their own, I'm impressed with the PCB just not the choice of game.

• Like 1

Nice remix - when i hear it for some reason it reminds me of the C64 (Heresy, I know ;) ).

I like it a lot too but with the 7800, it could be hacked further to use the TIA for parts of the soundtrack too.

Now that there's this A8 hacked upgrade version of the soundtrack, I want to hear a Dual POKEY version!