IGNORED

So only Atari-published titles have the "ATARI" logo on the back of carts?

NinSEGA

I recently got brand new/sealed copies of Cannon Fodder and Flashback in the mail from MyAtari (aka B&C Computervisions), and I noticed that they didn't have "ATARI" embedded in the plastic of the backsides of the carts. They also weren't sealed in that special baggie with a bunch of warning crap like the copy of Bubsy that I also got from B&C, but that game actually had the Atari logo pressed into the backside and was also published by Atari.

So is it safe for me to assume that only the Atari-published games got that treatment and I'm not getting some funky reprints from B&C?

Except for the Telegames and Carl Forhan releases.

Well those and every other release since early 1996, were all released after Atari Corp went out of business. While Atari was still around, even Telegames releases had the Atari "seal of quality" hologram sticker, along with a proper cart label and instructions. Sensible Soccer was the only Telegames release pre-1996.

WP_20131126_001_zpsbae87b78.jpg

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

Well those and every other release since early 1996, were all released after Atari Corp went out of business. While Atari was still around, even Telegames releases had the Atari "seal of quality" hologram sticker, along with a proper cart label and instructions. Sensible Soccer was the only Telegames release pre-1996.

WP_20131126_001_zpsbae87b78.jpg

I think Brutal Sports Football was released by Telegames the same time as Sensible Soccer. IIRC BSF is Telegames published. I don't own it anymore to look and see.

Edited by Gunstar

Towers II doesn't have the hologram sticker but it does have Atatri's logo on the back of the box-

b_Towers2_back.jpg

I thought that they weren't supposed mention Atari at all because it was part of the "worldwide license" agreement?

The "World wide license" agreement was specifically contingent on the Atari name and logo appearing on the boxes, so Atari could claim to be a relevant company while doing the reverse merger with that "J" something or other HDD company. Basically the license was that Telegames was publishing for Atari so Atari could keep compliant to conditions of the reverse merger.

You may be thinking of the public domain release of the JAGUAR system and name when Hasbro owned Atari. That is contingent upon no use of the Atari name or Fuji, only Jaguar and 64-bit logo can be used.

Telegames releases are the last official releases by Atari, technically, by-the-law. and a lack of the Jaguar hologram sticker is also indicative since it was meant for only 3rd party releases, including the one or two games Telegames released before Atari licensed the remaining 6 titles to them.

Edited by Gunstar

So wait, then how did the Songbird Productions games also have "worldwide license", but no Atari logos? Is it because those games were originally in development for the Jaguar, but the original publishers ceased development/production?

Songbird started long after, when the Jag was officially dead, no more publishing by anyone (except for the then unreleased Battlesphere, which was ground zero for the Jag's PD release) and got the rights and/or licensing to publish his games directly from the developer/copyright holders. Most would have been third party publications too, even if Atari had survived. The only ones that would have been Atari published are Skyhammer and the Phase Zero beta demo. These titles were never Atari owned. Songbird titles don't have the Atari name or logo on them, only the now public domain Jaguar name and logo/icons.

Edited by Gunstar

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know why there are diffrent colour carts? By this I mean all but 2 of my carts are the same colour grey as the Jaguar base unit but Raiden and Trevor Mc are pretty much jet black? Just wanted to know why

Weren't those launch titles? Probably different plastic/manufacturer/who knows.