IGNORED

Do 2600 controllers work for the 7800?

GKDAIR

I had the Freedom Stick shaped like the Nes Advantage. They changed it to a triangle at some point, but I saw that it was compatible with the Master System which means it would be one button on the 7800 unless you modded it. The Master System and 7800 both had two buttons, but a MS controller in a 7800 only works like a single button controller. I have a MS, but I never had it at the same time as the Freedom Stick. I miss it... it was a really solid feeling controller.

Funny you should mention that because I forgot about their original Advantage "clone". After I posted my comment, I hit up Google Image Search and was shocked that I only found pics of the clone and not their later controller with the buttons on both sides...

And while I am throwing out random 7800 qs.....the Camerica Freedom Stick, which is marketed as for working "with Atari"....doesn't work with the 7800 as a two button? Right? Just want to be sure.

gorfcadet is right, it is one button only for the 7800.

Confirmed by the manual:

post-18-0-35581400-1386456133_thumb.png