IGNORED

My latest revision of the MegaCart+

CPUWIZ

Droooooooooolllll :party:

Can't wait to get my hands on some of these!!!!!

Bob

We can't wait to see what you can do with them!!!!! :)

Allan

My guess...with the new MegaCart+, Bob should be able to:

1.) find a cure for cancer

2.) develop Skynet and the processor chip for the Terminator T-800

3.) fix the ObamaCare website

4.) create the first cold fusion reactor...providing free energy to all of the world

...or, perhaps, he will decide to just code some more insane games for us all!!!! :grin:

• Like 1

Looks great!

Question-- for "Bankswitch + RAM/EPROM"

Is there a potential for having something with "memory" that can be written to? Back in the day, this would have been a battery-backed SRAM, but nowadays, there's gotta be something you can write to that is electrically updatable without requiring a battery. Is that a possibility? Basically, it'd be a place you could store a local high score table or saved-games.

Regards,

-John

• Like 1

Looks great!

Is there a potential for having something with "memory" that can be written to? Back in the day, this would have been a battery-backed SRAM, but nowadays, there's gotta be something you can write to that is electrically updatable without requiring a battery. Is that a possibility? Basically, it'd be a place you could store a local high score table or saved-games.

Regards,

-John

This is a feature I was dreaming about for the new 256k boards for 2600. A nice eeprom scratchpad for RPG use. You know: shop keeper inventories, dropped item locations and whatnot.

Looks great!

Regards,

-John

Get Flash Memory on it! :)

• Like 1

Looks great!

Regards,

-John

No, not at this point, I am completely out of pins. It would be possible to design such a board, but it would be a lot more limited in terms of ROM size.

EDIT: Besides, my Chinese manufacturer just got back to me with a price for the newly submitted design. This will be my last contribution for a while, I am now around $1000.00 into 7800 board designs and selling a couple repros here and there isn't gonna get me that money back any time soon.

What's the largest amount of RAM a 7800 cart can have and can you bank-switch RAM like you can ROM?

Allan

It's 16K, this board is designed to technically support 16K x 2 RAM banks, it remains to be seen if the timing will work. Atari's 7800 doesn't follow standard rules, it's a PITA to get working in the first place.

Actually, technically, one could put another RAM chip at $8000-$BFFF (or toggle 16K chunks of one chip to map into that area). But that isn't very practical, you would have to bankswitch $C000-$FFFF, which would be kind of painful to the programmer. ;)