IGNORED

Is mail forwarding risky for seller?

tep392

I just sold an expensive tube amplifier on Ebay and now I'm a little worried. I setup the auction for US buyers only, but the winner's profile said he was in Vietnam. When I asked about it, he said he was in CA and his confirmed Paypal address is indeed in CA. I packed the amp very well and shipped it with insurance and signature required at delivery. But afterward, I was looking at the address and it seemed odd to me that it was going to a suite. I looked up the address and discovered that it is a mail forwarding company. The buyer has very good feedback, so I'm not worried about him. But I am concerned that the forwarder might mis-handle the package or not use appropriate shipping to Vietnam. I guess I'm just nervous because I don't have control of the 2nd leg of the shipment.

Do I need to be worried? How does ebay handle these kind of deals if something should go wrong with the shipment?

Edited by tep392

I don't think it will be a problem.I have encountered this a few times.

They basically have it sent to the US address,and then it gets forwarded to the oversea location.These buyers seem to buy in bulk.So,I assume they are saving by doing it that way.

As long as you sent it with the sig.required,and the buyers feedback is good,you should be good

• Like 1