IGNORED

Dishonest Seller

roadrunner

I won this lot for $100 shipped and the seller cancelled it and told me the games are water damaged and they are worthless
and they don't sell junk.

messages from seller -

I've tried asking my boss and his reply is "we dont sell junk", I mean these things are pretty much junk now.

- nevadastatesurplus

eBay Dec-19-13 at 14:40:27 PST
This case has been opened by the seller with the following reason: Other.Additional information provided by the seller: Hi, thank you for your quick purchase. I went to go package the items and I noticed that all the cartirdges were water damaged. Unfortunately they are no longer able to be used and are worthless. Iwould like to cancel your transaction and I do apologize for the problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131074963357?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

post-22103-0-13648500-1387576631_thumb.jpg

post-22103-0-44988300-1387576645_thumb.jpg

Edited by roadrunner

That seller didn't relist that item did he?
He got upset i gave him a neg.
Yesterday he told me to give him a neg and he would be fired if he shipped the games.

He sent me this message -

Cant be trusted?!!please find a mirror and take a good look.I will relist this just to make you happy:)
Fyi,thx for the feedback.

- nevadastatesurplus

He found out that BBSB was worth 4-5 times what you paid (at least, that is what it was worth when I sold mine for $500 a few years ago) for the lot, that is why he backed out on you. I bet someone who did not win this auction got PO'ed and sent him a private message letting him know this. This has happened to me a whole lot of times in the past. Not much you can do unfortunately, and it does suck. That is a hard game to find. I would probably get the Atarimax 5200 SD cart to compensate and at least play the game (and the others) on real hardware :)

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

I've a feeling my understanding of this is incorrect, but is there not some way Ebay can kind of force him to send the goods since he's not claiming he doesn't have them, etc?

They get so high and mighty about "your bid is a CONTRACT" and whatnot, I would think it works the other way around too. But I suppose not. I would seriously almost think you _could_ get legal on him with this, small claims or something. I mean, we're talking about several hundred dollars of screwjob here.

I'm super pissed at this bs seller, that's just a crock of shit.

Yah people suck :(

This reminds me of a cool mid century modern spaghetti lamp I won on ebay a few years back for like 30 bucks...a piece probably work $250-300

Right after the auction ended the seller sent me a message that sadly the lamp had just been damaged and one of the wood fin pieces had the end broken off and they would unfortunately have to cancel the sale.

I cheerily replied back...oh that's too bad, but its no problem, I am a professional woodworker and if you just send it as is I will have no problem repairing it. thanks!

Well they let me complete the sale and shipped it....magically when I received it, the lamp was in mint condition...oh my-haha :D

If I were you I would have refused to agree to mutually cancel the sale and make them send you pics of the 'damaged' carts.

Then I would take it up with a phone call to ebay to at least try and get them to go thru with the sale.

1. I did tell the seller I don't care that they are water damaged, I want the games. I even offered to have the seller keep the controllers and send me the games.
He said the games are water damaged and worthless and he don't sell junk.

2. Not sure I want to go to court over this.

3. I did send ebay a message about this.

4. Those games were donated. Whomever had them before didn't know what they had and just gave them away.

5. I did decline the cancel transaction request.

Edited by roadrunner

Make sure you go back to your feedback section and "Follow Up" to his reply to your feedback. Trash him again, with the TRUTH as a warning to other buyers. You get 2 lines of feedback (the original and the follow-up) to his one (the reply). I'd suggest noting it was "for parts or not working" so it's greed rather than concern as water damage is irrelevant to parts/not-working.

• Like 2

In that case at least the seller gets screwed out of his money as well. Unfortunately a lose - lose situation.

Sort of. Roadrunner would also lose $100 that he wouldn't otherwise spend. Is it worth a hundred bucks to keep the seller from making more? Probably not to me .

PS - i love how the seller tells you (roadrunner)that you should be more open too when HE set the initial price. It would be different if you were trying to lowball him by claiming that they were worthless.