IGNORED

Bentley Bear Crystal Quest Running Without XM!

CPUWIZ

:love:

Will you sell me one complete (without sockets, but with jumpers, resistors and chips other than game/Pokey) so I can put my Pokey and my D.K. XM on it?

Question: Does it fit in standard size Atari shells? It looks huge, and all your videos feature naked hardware!

• Like 1

:love:

Will you sell me one complete (without sockets, but with jumpers, resistors and chips other than game/Pokey) so I can put my Pokey and my D.K. XM on it?

Question: Does it fit in standard size Atari shells? It looks huge, and all your videos feature naked hardware!

We can talk about selling, when I had the chance to go through all the features this weekend. I also don't want people making their own BBCQ carts, without Bob having the chance to sell them first. ;)

Size, yes, for some reason the BBCQ socketed board even fits inside a cart shell. :grin:

VersaBoard VS. Jinks:

VersaVSJinks.JPG

• Like 1

I am half kidding too, I just did it to see if I could make it work. ;) I think the only thing cool for something like this, would be someone with a 3D printer (who knows how to use it), to make some custom cart cases. I can see them sliding into the bottom of cartridges. But I am bored with this now, I need to experiment with my secret MegaCart+ feature, to see if my theory is correct. :P

More optimized and more features, like better control of the chip select line. Maybe I'll run a proto one of these days.

I am in total support of a pass-thru cartridge option. It would be a very economical way to get POKEY onto the 7800 without having to spend $150 for an XM. Some of "us" out there may have multiple 7800s and only really need 1 XM but would like to have a supported POKEY option available for the other systems. It would be even more of a score if 128K RAM could also be added to it and accessed the same way as the XM does it thereby skipping compatibility issues like the XBoard potentially might have. Of course, I'm pushing my luck by mentioning the 128K; next up would be YM2151 support.

It's not about that, I am not a big fan of flash carts. I like to work on stuff that mortals can assemble in their garage. ;)

Speaking of which, the VersaBoard turned out pretty sweet...

:cool:

But those of us that are flash fans are drooling over your boards right now because they'd be the perfect hardware for a Flash cart replacement for the Cuttle Cart 2 and/or H2. :)

Are you using EPROM chips for Bentley Bear and the others you've shown on here?

Your 7800 looks stock. Have you tested the VersaBoard on an A/V modded 7800?

But those of us that are flash fans are drooling over your boards right now because they'd be the perfect hardware for a Flash cart replacement for the Cuttle Cart 2 and/or H2. :)

Are you using EPROM chips for Bentley Bear and the others you've shown on here?

Your 7800 looks stock. Have you tested the VersaBoard on an A/V modded 7800?

I thought of that last week , I have a yurkie modded one which I was curious too . It shouldnt be a problem but you never know .

Yes, EPROM chips are available in large quantities, all over the world. Plus they don't cost much, if you know where to look.

It makes zero difference if the system is NTSC/PAL/SECAM and/or video modded, I am just talking to the cart port and everything is clocked by the 7800. ;)

Had to lay down for a bit again, I am still kind of sick. But this is the main reason, why I started on a POKEY board back in the day, just didn't finish it...

The Bentley challenge just made me actually do it. Bob rocks! :D

• Like 2

That's an old thread. It's humorous - or sad - to see people complaining that 5200 games were only 32K so the extra RAM was basically a waste. How short-sighted those criticisms were considering the more RAM available, the more possible it would be to port the A8 version of Space Harrier over to the 5200, if the programmers were willing to do so. That and more A8 titles...

If it wasn't for Bob, you might be saying the same thing about the 7800. If you discount Bob's contributions, there are more 5200 homebrews than 7800 homebrews. Thank God for Bob. If he keeps going at this rate, in couple of years he might out program Atari's entire 7800 catalog. :)

Allan

• Like 2

Thanks, Allan :) That's a very kind thing to say.

My goal is to surpass Atari's catalog. :D

He's just pointing out the facts Bob. You have done more than anyone else as far as new software goes

for the 7800, no one else is even close at this point and your lead just keeps going. I'm all for someone(s)

trying to catch up to you though as long as the QC stays just as high as that means even more gaming goodness! :)

• Like 3

If it wasn't for Bob, you might be saying the same thing about the 7800. If you discount Bob's contributions, there are more 5200 homebrews than 7800 homebrews. Thank God for Bob. If he keeps going at this rate, in couple of years he might out program Atari's entire 7800 catalog. :)

Allan

Perhaps, but Schmutzpuppe's work and stuff like Sirius & Plutos were certainly a motivation as well. Nevermind MIA, which for some strange reason, I could never get to work reliably on hacked up boards. But yes, I want to give Bob more power to work with, I'll be sending him various test boards and configs soon.

• Like 4

Perhaps, but Schmutzpuppe's work and stuff like Sirius & Plutos were certainly a motivation as well. Nevermind MIA, which for some strange reason, I could never get to work reliably on hacked up boards. But yes, I want to give Bob more power to work with, I'll be sending him various test boards and configs soon.

I can't wait to see this on cart, an amazing and excellently done port.

• Like 2