IGNORED

HSC Season 2 ~ SILVER Medal Bracket ~ Medal Bracket Challenge

Vocelli

It happened out of nothing - totally unexpected. After several long sessions of not getting "into the zone" at all, I fired up the emulator one more time for a quick game in between. Normally, I need a few games to find the timing, but this time, it just fell into place.

@ Vocelli: Shaken like a leaf? That would be the mother of all understatements. My heart was beating so hard during the last two throws, if you'd have given me a real bowling ball at this point, I would have been a serious danger to myself and my surroundings.

@ Botbird: Your turn now. Since you seem to have a better feel for the timing (you scored very high much earlier than I), I'm sure you can make it to 600 way more easily than I did. If I understand correctly, in case of a tie, both players advance to the next round.

I was on my way to single-handedly get Bowling into the 1000-minute club of AA's gameplay tracker statistics. I am happy that I didn't have to. If anyone ever catches me playing THIS game again - please, please shoot me.

That's quite an achievement. I can't even get 300 on one game much less 2 at the same time.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm currently playing 1-2 rounds of a single game each night, I'll be back to Space Invaders tonight. I think Space Invaders with fast bombs is more luck than anything, especially once the formation start at the bottom row as there's no time to react.

Just got into the zone for Spider Droid. I did have one time where when the birddroids turned into droidids and I captured all but one. Don't know if that was a factor or not as I haven't paid attention to the scoring.

While playing Gyruss I pondered doing a remake, like I did Asteroids, as I could get much better graphics and less flicker. Doubt it'll happen though, already have a few projects on my plate.

• Like 1

That's quite an achievement. I can't even get 300 on one game much less 2 at the same time.

Congratulations.

You saw in the gameplay tracker thread how long it took me to do this. I blew your Kaboom playtime out of the water that week ;) .

While playing Gyruss I pondered doing a remake, like I did Asteroids, as I could get much better graphics and less flicker. Doubt it'll happen though, already have a few projects on my plate.

I really like how it plays on the 2600, but I wouldn't say no to a slightly less clunky version. I like the music. Meditative game, if you don't turn the volume up too much.

• Like 1

Just a quick sign of life, before you think I already gave up. I had an extremely busy week - work needed my full attention. I will try to squeeze in a few last games of Spider Droid tomorrow, and maybe try to reach my Gyruss score from during the season. I did give up on Space Invaders. That game hates me. So if you want, you can spend all your game time on the othe two. Let me see some serious Gyruss score! I also don't think I'll have a chance to be any danger to your (absolutely fantastic) Spider Droid score. Maybe a new personal best, if possible.

If I lose this - which is very likely - I lose to a worthy medalist. I think the guys in the Gold Medal Bracket can be happy not to have you in their competition :-).

• Like 2

I tried, but I couldn't get any significant playtime in this weekend. Not that it would have helped. I surrender.

Everyone let's hear a huge CHEERS for Silver Medal winner SpiceWare! Congratulations! Well played, Sir. Well played indeed!

Now, let's recap... what does this whole season leave me with? A hand-drawn Top Ten patch from Gorfy (I printed it out, mate ;) ), a 600 in Bowling (...Yay...?), and most importantly: lots and lots of fun. It was an absolute pleasure gaming with you guys. See you next season - or maybe some more of you in the upcoming Atari 2600 Olympic Winter Games.

• Like 6