IGNORED

classic eBay: Just because you want it to be the price, doesn't mean it is.

ianoid

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mattel+speed+freak&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Just searching for a few handhelds I need for my collection- I really only need this boxed/complete. But this search shows a great history. If you search eBay active auctions, the only one that comes up is $119. When you check the completed auctions, as the link above, you see the same guys has relisted his at $119 every three days for a month. At the bottom of the search history, the auctions which reflect real interest. $10 and $16 ending prices.

Just because you want it to be the price, doesn't mean it will be.

• Like 3

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mattel+speed+freak&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Just searching for a few handhelds I need for my collection- I really only need this boxed/complete. But this search shows a great history. If you search eBay active auctions, the only one that comes up is $119. When you check the completed auctions, as the link above, you see the same guys has relisted his at $119 every three days for a month. At the bottom of the search history, the auctions which reflect real interest. $10 and $16 ending prices.

Just because you want it to be the price, doesn't mean it will be.

There's a seller that has listed the exact same lot of Intellivision games & system over and over for the last year at least relisting at the same rediculous price every time. I always recognize the same picture beacuse they display them on the stairs (landing) of their house. I can't understand what would make you think they're worth that when you've relisted at least 50 times now?

If you have a huge stock to sell you probably get the most out of it if you list it at ridiculous prices. Say you list them at 500% of their market value, then you only need to sell 1/4 of your stock at that price. You will still have a steady cashflow at 200% or 300% or maybe even more.